Hacking HDD Makes Wii Blurry (USB Loader)

djda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Just to restate my question from earlier has anyone encountered a similar problem or knows how to resolve this many thanks in advance

djda said:
Hello i have just found an HDD that i have put several of my wii games on. It is not one on the list of compatible however it does boot the game. The problem occurs when i have the power cord and the usb cord running to my hdd and they are both plugged in the picture gets quite blurry even if im in the home menu or just running a backup game disc. Could it be the USB cord or could it be something else interfering with the wii? (I have tried to HDD's and gotten the same result)

grante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djda said:
Just to restate my question from earlier has anyone encountered a similar problem or knows how to resolve this many thanks in advance

djda said:
Hello i have just found an HDD that i have put several of my wii games on. It is not one on the list of compatible however it does boot the game. The problem occurs when i have the power cord and the usb cord running to my hdd and they are both plugged in the picture gets quite blurry even if im in the home menu or just running a backup game disc. Could it be the USB cord or could it be something else interfering with the wii? (I have tried to HDD's and gotten the same result)

Sounds like a grounding or EMI problem. Make sure your outlets are properly grounded. I'm assuming you are using a 3.5" hard drive that has a seperate power brick.

Ways that you might be able to fix it:

- First disconnect anything else from your TV (cable, satellite, other consoles, etc)
- Plug Wii and HDD them into different outlets
- Move them farther away from each other
- Plug the HDD into a surge protector, Wii into the wall (or the other way around)
- If the HDD's adapter is 3 prong, remove the grounding pin (use an extension cable or something that will let you just put in the 2 main pins (this is assuming you are canadian/american, other countries have different connectors and you could hurt/kill yourself etc.)

djda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Thanks ill try as many of these as possible and ill report how it goes thanks alot

*EDIT*

Well i tried them all and to no avail but ill go and continue trying things

**EDIT2**

Alright i have it worked out. I use a splitter so i can have dvd,vcr,wii and cable all plugged in. I unplugged the wiis av cords and put them straight in the tv and presto its workin so yayyy
Thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.