Hacking HDD + APP2USB, Installing/moving fpkgs

D38845368

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a quick question. does app2usb have an over write warning? or will it just do all the transfers as new? i ask because i used it and it worked great, created all the cusas and sub folders(pretty quick i might add) all 56 fpkgs. do i need to exclude all 56 fpkgs when i add a new game?

DariusEvans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a quick question. does app2usb have an over write warning? or will it just do all the transfers as new? i ask because i used it and it worked great, created all the cusas and sub folders(pretty quick i might add) all 56 fpkgs. do i need to exclude all 56 fpkgs when i add a new game?
wont rewrite since it do not check what game you have on external and xfer only pkg from internal/ external extend storage (ps4 formated)

D38845368

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So app2usb will transfer all 56 fpkgs all over again when i want to move another fpkg from internal to external drive? even with the changes to the ini file?

DariusEvans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So app2usb will transfer all 56 fpkgs all over again when i want to move another fpkg from internal to external drive? even with the changes to the ini file?
no it will move only game that the fpkg is in internal/extended storage (usb hdd formated whit ps4). not all your game. so if you dint install anything and start app2usb it will do nothing since all your game are already on exfat

D38845368

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no it will move only game that the fpkg is in internal/extended storage (usb hdd formated whit ps4). not all your game. so if you dint install anything and start app2usb it will do nothing since all your game are already on exfat

d'oh you lost me. lol i didn't format using ps4. my external drive is still exfat. i used app2usb to clear most of the games on my internal drive. they created 56 CUSAs. usb root/ps4/ CUSAXXXXX times 56. i tested and the games are indeed only playable from external drive. I just installed spider-man, all 65+gigs to internal drive. Is there a quicker way of getting it onto the external drive? thanks for being patient

DariusEvans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
d'oh you lost me. lol i didn't format using ps4. my external drive is still exfat. i used app2usb to clear most of the games on my internal drive. they created 56 CUSAs. usb root/ps4/ CUSAXXXXX times 56. i tested and the games are indeed only playable from external drive. I just installed spider-man, all 65+gigs to internal drive. Is there a quicker way of getting it onto the external drive? thanks for being patient
yeah there is keep your file at the base of the exfat hdd (root) ans app2usb wont xfer the file from internal it will delete it and take the file on your root as the main be sure to use the files whit witch you instaled the game or it wont work

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok, dumb question here but need an answer as that point isn't clear.

Iv'e got a Pro 1T + external 4T (formated as exFat with my fpkg on it).
I understand that i need to install my games to internal first, then use app2usb to move them back to usb to spare some internal room.

The question is, do i need to delete the original fpkg from my usb drive once it has been moved by app2usb or not ?
Thanks.

DariusEvans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, dumb question here but need an answer as that point isn't clear.

Iv'e got a Pro 1T + external 4T (formated as exFat with my fpkg on it).
I understand that i need to install my games to internal first, then use app2usb to move them back to usb to spare some internal room.

The question is, do i need to delete the original fpkg from my usb drive once it has been moved by app2usb or not ?
Thanks.
no you wont find them on the root they will be moved to the ps4 folder if you delete them from the ps4 folder they wont work anymore

when you stille have the game on your exfat root (at the base of the hdd, in no folder) and you start app2usb it wont move file from internal to exfat, it will delete the file on internal and move the file of your exfat root to folder ps4/cusaxxxxx and syslink on the internal

but a BIG BUT its must be the same fpkg you instaled the game with, no rename of the file

(hope my english is not to bad im french and doing my best lol)

Last edited by DariusEvans,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get it too stop transferring 2 games I’m installing? I want them to stay on my internal and it keeps moving them to external. I have never put their names of the folder in the list so have no idea why.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my main concern is I have like 20 legit games already on internal. In no way will App2usb move them when using this?

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make no sense to me, pkg will appear on the internal ps4 hdd anyways, thats why i got my 8tb internal.Faster and better, i dont like that crap external.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2TB has extremely slow transfer speed. I gotta see if a quick format will fix it. What should the settings be? Cluster Size 128kb?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on Pro 6.72 2.1.3 v6 and have been using this for past 2 weeks np. Now when I delete a game no free space is moved. Good thing is if I delete anything when not jb free space moves. Any idea what it could be? I’m thinking it’s 2.1.3 cuz I was mostly on 2.24&5 before and was able to delete fine on those.

Last edited by laz305,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on Pro 6.72 2.1.3 v6 and have been using this for past 2 weeks np. Now when I delete a game no free space is moved. Good thing is if I delete anything when not jb free space moves. Any idea what it could be? I’m thinking it’s 2.1.3 cuz I was mostly on 2.24&5 before and was able to delete fine on those.

I answered you on psx place. I suggest using extended storage if possible. it really is the easiest and most convenient way. I think Joonie's hen can use it. it says something about external being usable even if the hen you're using doesn't allow it outside of app2usb.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I answered you on psx place. I suggest using extended storage if possible. it really is the easiest and most convenient way. I think Joonie's hen can use it. it says something about external being usable even if the hen you're using doesn't allow it outside of app2usb.
Thx. Yeah I was just beginning to wonder why I started to use app2usb in the first place cuz yeah I have an extended storage as well. So what it’s more reliable? How would I go about that? I guess I could plug both drives in and transfer?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. extended storage can be enabled as default install location. I was able to install games from one hdd to the extended storage hdd no problem.

Reactions: laz305

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good