Hacking HBG Shop "Unable to start software"

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:thinking:
have you tried delete the current tinfoil on the home screen, then run the tinfoil launcher in the homebrew which re-installs the tinfoil program on the home screen again? i had to do this once or twice....

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a way to get hbgshop working on 9.0.1? Cuz I really wanna try and avoid having to update. It’s failed me twice before. I always end up having to format my card and start over.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a way to get hbgshop working on 9.0.1? Cuz I really wanna try and avoid having to update. It’s failed me twice before. I always end up having to format my card and start over.
There is no reason not to update to 10.1.0 using Daybreak. Newer games will require it anyway, so you can't stay on 9.0.1 forever.

Reactions: laz305

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason not to update to 10.1.0 using Daybreak. Newer games will require it anyway, so you can't stay on 9.0.1 forever.
Dammit I knew you were gonna say that. But do I update both sys and emu or just emu? Cuz I don’t plan to play online.

Last edited by laz305,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit I knew you were gonna say that. But do I update both sys and emu or just emu? Cuz I don’t plan to play online.
If you're not playing online, why are you using an emuMMC? Is your Switch ipatched, and the sysMMC is on 4.1.0?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not playing online, why are you using an emuMMC? Is your Switch ipatched, and the sysMMC is on 4.1.0?
Well I’d like to be able too some day. I’m on sys and emuNAND 9.0.1 and so far I tried updating Atmos but get an error screen wrong ini cfg failed to launch hos. Would somebody take a look at my card and tell me what I need to delete to update Atmos plz? I have it in my gdrive and can give ya link

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I’d like to be able too some day. I’m on sys and emuNAND 9.0.1 and so far I tried updating Atmos but get an error screen wrong ini cfg failed to launch hos. Would somebody take a look at my card and tell me what I need to delete to update Atmos plz? I have it in my gdrive and can give ya link
You should not be using an emuMMC unless you have an ipatched Switch on 4.1.0 or you are actively using online play. I recommend getting rid of your emuMMC partition entirely and only setting one up later if you have legitimate online games and a Nintendo Online subscription. Just make sure you have a clean sysMMC backup on hand, which you should already have regardless.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should not be using an emuMMC unless you have an ipatched Switch on 4.1.0 or you are actively using online play. I recommend getting rid of your emuMMC partition entirely and only setting one up later if you have legitimate online games and a Nintendo Online subscription. Just make sure you have a clean sysMMC backup on hand, which you should already have regardless.
Thanks but I mainly use Emu cuz it’s my kids switch so I feel better knowing if he messes anything up I’ll be able to fix it. Would you be able to take a look at my sdcard and tell me what I need to delete so I can get Atmos updated please? I have it on my gdrive I can send link

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so they shouldn't be using emunand even tho its a personal preference and they also keep sysnand clean just in case its ever booted? I have emunand on my switch lite and hardly ever go into my sysnand unless I want to update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks but I mainly use Emu cuz it’s my kids switch so I feel better knowing if he messes anything up I’ll be able to fix it. Would you be able to take a look at my sdcard and tell me what I need to delete so I can get Atmos updated please? I have it on my gdrive I can send link
delete your atmosphere folder, sept folder and anything else that came with atmosphere. then download the newest atmosphere version, get the fusee primary sig patches and you'll be good to go.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so they shouldn't be using emunand even tho its a personal preference and they also keep sysnand clean just in case its ever booted? I have emunand on my switch lite and hardly ever go into my sysnand unless I want to update.

delete your atmosphere folder, sept folder and anything else that came with atmosphere. then download the newest atmosphere version, get the fusee primary sig patches and you'll be good to go.
Thanks but I have done that and get hit with error screen wrong ini cfg failed to launch hos screen. Would anybody like to take a look at my sdcard and tell me what else I need to delete so I can update Atmos? I can send link to it. Thanks!!!!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an MMC backup, you will be able to fix your Switch if anything goes wrong. An emmuMMC is seriously not recommended unless you use online play (or you have an ipatched system on 4.1.0).

There's no reason to use an emmuMMC unless you're using the sysMMC for online play (or you have an ipatched system that must be kept on 4.1.0).

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an MMC backup, you will be able to fix your Switch if anything goes wrong. An emmuMMC is seriously not recommended unless you use online play (or you have an ipatched system on 4.1.0).

There's no reason to use an emmuMMC unless you're using the sysMMC for online play (or you have an ipatched system that must be kept on 4.1.0).
Ok in that case what are the steps I need to do to get updated on sys and off emuMMC?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok in that case what are the steps I need to do to get updated on sys and off emuMMC?
Do you care about preserving your emuMMC and everything you've installed to it, or are you okay with deleting it and merely moving to your sysMMC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc