Hacking HBC on vWii info?

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I been reading here and there and seen tutorials and just info and a lot of things but I am not 100% sure of what I did wrong or right.

I want to know how to get the HBC to start on regular 16:9 without the FIX file having to be loaded every time. I see a lot of talk but again I may be just not looking or understanding correctly but all I found was someone who made channel forwards for different colors. Is that the only thing that will work? I am a bit new, I don't understand all to well it seems but if someone has the time that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the issue is because HBC title ID starts with a letter "L" which is used by VC game channels (which, being old, are best rendered in 4:3). Nintendo force the display to 4:3 when launching a channel starting with "L".
the Homebrew channel's title ID being "LULZ", it's set to 4:3.

To fix it, you have to choices:
- run the homebrew everytime
- install the forwarder channel which is using a different Title ID (different than the one used by VC game), not triggering the aspect ratio changer, which will launch the real HBC.
- Wait for next HBC release using a different TitleID.

Another choice would be to add the aspect fixer in all existing homebrew and recompile them all...
nobody will do that.

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan

Thanks for the quick reply. I am still reading and looking online. I found that I can use CustomizeMii 3.11 to change tittle ID. But, dont I need an actual .WAD file for that? How would I do that for lets say my NES emulator that all I have is a folder "apps\fceugx" with files like

\readme.txt"
\settings.xml"
\boot.dol"
\icon.png"
\meta.xml"

How can I make a forward out of that?

Or am I still so lost I have no clue what I just said :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't edit HBC informations/TitleID/data, it will stop working.

TitleID is only present in installed Channels.
Homebrew located on your /apps/ folder don't have any ID.

You can create a channel installed on your System menu and forwarding to a boot.dol located on your SD/USB. but most of them already exists.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/

http://www.sendspace.com/file/80r0h4
This one try all these paths in this order:
SD :\apps\fceugx\boot.dol
SD :\fceugx\boot.dol
USB :\apps\fceugx\boot.dol
USB :\fceugx\boot.dol

If you want a specific forwarder, you can ask in the forwarder thread.
If you want to make one yourself, you need to compile a new forwarder sources and inject it into an existing channel's wad.

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan

Thanks. I downloaded these. I just not sure what to do with them :(... They seem to be in WAD format, so I am guessing I just need to load YAWMM and install them? I am just a bit confused from Wii U to regular Wii. On my regular Wii I was able to just add everyting on my HDD, now I notice that I need some have some stuff on an SD card. So let me give it a try and tell me if I am wrong.

On the SD card:... Actually NVM, I think I got even more lost trying to figure out what I was going to write. Can you help me out if you are not to busy right now.

What I want to know is how to get the HBC to start regularly in 16:9 without running the small fix every time. I downloaded "Red HBC - HBCR - vWii.wad" from someone here who posted it. I just install the WAD and it will start HBC in 16:9 from now on?

Also, how would I set up my NES and SNES and GBA emulators? Like what files do I need to have in teh SD card and what files/folders do I need to have in the HDD? Would it be like on the WII, I had:
USB :\vbagx\roms
USB :\vbagx\saves
SD :\apps\vbagx\"with all the files from the regular GBA emulator i use for my wii?"

Yeah I am a bit lost on the vWii :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. install the "Red HBC - HBCR - vWii.wad" using a wad manager.
Now launch that Red HBC from your system menu instead of regular blue HBC, and it will load with correct aspect ration.
Do not delete the blue HBC! the red HBC channel is actually reloading the blue one with the fix.

vWii homebrew are EXACTLY the same as Wii homebrew.
Just do the same things you always did up to now.

the only thing you must not do is install cIOS for wii on vWii.

virtual Wii = acts like a wii, but from a different console (like a Wii emulator). Everything works the same way, except you don't have any setting menu.
I don't see what you don't understand or what make you think you are lost.

NotHere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dont want to brick this Wii U. I will test it out the way I use to have it for my Wii and if anything I will come back to ask what I did wrong.

Thanks so so much for your time :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr