HBC 1.10 crashes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by John Boner, Dec 4, 2012.

Dec 4, 2012

HBC 1.10 crashes by John Boner at 1:46 PM (439 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. John Boner
    OP

Newcomer John Boner Newbie

Afghanistan
    Okay so i was stupid enough to update my HBC from 1.08 to 1.10 with the auto-updater.

Now, whenever i launch HBC and point the remote at the screen i get a hard crash with stackdump. In order to use HBC i have to block the wii remote with my hand and use the arrow keys. If i try to use the pointer function, the pointer appears and moves extremely laggy for two seconds before the stackdump.

Anyone else had this issue? Should i just downgrade? I saw in the patch notes HBC now uses a different way of communicating with the wii remote for the pointer stuff, this is probably bugged? I can also generate an address map for some real debugging (i am an assembly / embedded developer) but someone probably did it already and i don't want to spend six hours doing redundant stuff :P

2. DEFIANT

Member DEFIANT GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. John Boner
    OP

Newcomer John Boner Newbie

Afghanistan
    It asks you if you want to update, sorry i have not had issues with icons disappearing. 1.08 worked fine in every way though and when something works its usually stupid to replace it :(

DEFIANT likes this.
  4. DEFIANT

United States
    So true.

5. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    No it's total BS! While there are SOME special cases where its true, in general you should update.

Just that something seems to work does not mean that it really does or that you should not update.
    There can be problems you have simply not encounterd yet (eg the new WiiMote thing).
    Or there can be problems you do not notice (eg all the fuckers who send me spam because their PC was never updated and became part of a botnet).

DEFIANT likes this.
  6. DEFIANT

United States
    If, however, there is a bug that effects me and I take notice of it, I will refuse an update till it's fixed. But that's just me.