HBC 1.1.2 vs 1.1.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Flashed, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Flashed
    OP

Flashed GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2016
    Madrid
    On November 2016 HackMii released OpenHBC. This should bring us new features but none have compiled it in order to get a wad, or at least is not published. Does it Worth? Is there any difference between the 2012 HBC and the Open?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You can get a precompiled build from its topic on the Wii U Hacking section!

It's mainly of interest for Vwii users (which reads the titleid to figure out the original platform: LULZ -> L = Master System and helpfully forces 4:3 video)
    So this new version actually resets the video mode when launched (the fact the titleid was also changed to OHBC is not part of this fix, just so that you can have both installed as some homebrews stupidly try to exit by launching LULZ instead of using the generic return-to-loader function)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://gbatemp.net/threads/v-wii-homebrew-channel-open-sourced.450288/page-4#post-6871034

3. Flashed
    OP

Flashed GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2016
    Madrid
    So what is LULZ? Sorry for the ignorance

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It's one of the title IDs the Homebrew Channel uses. HAXX, JODI and LULZ are all the HBC but different versions. Nintendo kept uninstalling them during updates so they kept changing the title ID.

Ryccardo likes this.
  5. Flashed
    OP

Flashed GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2016
    Madrid
    Well so I have installed it on my Wii and works great! It would be great if HackMii releases a new HackMii Installer including this new version, but I think is dead so they won't.

Only thing is that Return to Loader in apps won't work due to the new title id but...

Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited by Flashed, Jan 22, 2017