[HB idea] 3DS mode button remapper

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Alex658, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Alex658
    OP

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Is there a possibility for this to even be doable?

I mean, certain plugins on the psp allowed you to change some buttons functions (O/X swap, for instance).

I'm asking this because i think the CPP (Circle Pad Pro) besides being a frankencontroller thingy, really improves the experience on the games that it works.

I know that on n3ds you can use the extra buttons on smash 3DS, thing you couldn't do on the o3ds because it already runs in high memory mode and thus couldn't use the plugin without making things lag and the c-stick can move through the home menu but that's about it for differences between the cpp and n3ds controllers.

If you could somehow send instructions to the cpp for games that don't use it... Although i imagine that if a game doesn't have IR permissions it would be a moot point and thus no way of activating it.

If it's not doable, i'd like to undestand a little better the specifics as to how the cpp/n3ds extra controls even work, from whoever may know something on the matter.
    Thank you all for you attention.

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    I think that would involve hardware modifications. It might be possible with software. Maybe by running an NTR patch.

Alex658 likes this.
  3. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    There's already a thread for requests. And I doubt anyone will do this just because you ask for it.

4. Alex658
    OP

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    There's a huge difference between asking for something to be made, and asking if something is even possible at all, which is what i am doing.

I don't even know how the hell you took it that way, i don't think there is anything wrong with asking how the IR of the cpp or the extra n3ds buttons work. That way one may know if it's even possible to take control of them outside official support.

TechyTurtle likes this.
  5. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    I took it that way from the thread title. My bad. If this'd even be possible you'd probably have to patch the RomFS of the game to support it.

6. ADS3500

ADS3500 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    It might be possible to remap buttons, but adding circle pad pro support to any game probably isn't possible. The CPP uses the 3ds' processor, so if someone made it compatible with any game, the games wouldn't run well or might not run at all. CPP support was considered for Smash 3ds but it didn't happen because it uses too much of the 3ds' processor.

Alex658 likes this.
  7. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I know it's possible to make a hardware mod