Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Having no SD card does pretty much explain why you're getting the message that means that it can't see the SD card.

Anything you specify with a path in the haxchi config.txt loads from the given path on the SD card. That means that you can run haxchi sysmenu for patching without an SD, but running the HBL elf needs the SD.
Sorry was a typo I do have an SD card

Z-bake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,
I may sound like a noob. I just got my Wii U (fw 5.5.1) and I would like to use haxchi and especially the USB loader (which are connected, as I understand).

Is there a step by step guide on how to start? The original post of this topic just says "copy the content to the sd card". But I guess, this requires some previous work, like installing something called the homebrew launcher, which then executes haxchi, which then can execute the usb loader, right?
I copied the homebrew launcher to sd:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/ this folder contains a file called "homebrew_launcher.elf", to which the haxchi instructions at page 1 refers to.

So....how do I execute this hombrew launcher? Is there a tutorial on how to start from scratch?
This all sounds like a cascade of countless steps which are all interconnected. Where do I start and where does it end?
I was quite an active user in the PSP days and have a 3DS with Luma. No problem...but this? Holy cow!

Last edited by Z-bake,

Elrober8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What happens if for some reason you format or erease the ds game were haxchi is installed?....will it brick the console?

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
Not having time to read all 36 pages and not finding much by searching - does anyone know yet how to get the Quick Launch icon to update?

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
What? You mean you have Haxchi installed but want to install a newer version now?

No, I mean the error where Quick Launch still show's the DS game you used as a base rather than the nice Haxchi logo.

p.s. Aha, you made the nice Zelda splash screen I've been using! I couldn't remember who made it.

Last edited by eyeball226,

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Im trying to install the Homebrew Launcher Channel via WUP Installer, but im getting a 'Install of title 00050000-13374842 failed' message. After i press 'A' to install the Homebrew launcher channel to system memory to shows the Wii U icon on the screen and then shows the Wii Maker icon and then goes to the black screen with the failed message

Any ideas?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Im trying to install the Homebrew Launcher Channel via WUP Installer, but im getting a 'Install of title 00050000-13374842 failed' message. After i press 'A' to install the Homebrew launcher channel to system memory to shows the Wii U icon on the screen and then shows the Wii Maker icon and then goes to the black screen with the failed message

Any ideas?

What CFW are you using? fw.img/sig patches? or Haxchi/CHBC?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I literally just installed Haxchi on the home screen and then loaded Wup installer through that

You need to be in sig patched system (cfw) to install the HBL Channel with WUPinstaller as it is a unsigned app. You have the option of using Mocha rednand to install it (need to run mocha ever time to use it though) or use CHBC since you're Haxchi is working okay.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to be in sig patched system (cfw) to install the HBL Channel with WUPinstaller as it is a unsigned app. You have the option of using Mocha rednand to install it (need to run mocha ever time to use it though) or use CHBC since you're Haxchi is working okay.

Hmm the guide i was watching never mentioned that. So when i need to loaded CBHC from the homebrew launcher?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or hold B when booting HaxChi. Same thing as CBHC but not cold boot. You can also change the config file in the HaxChi directory to autoboot to a sigpatched sysnand every time you click it.

This is the line
Default=sysmenu

Reinstall Haxchi over itself after changing the config file

Reactions: retrofan_k

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Or hold B when booting HaxChi. Same thing as CBHC but not cold boot. You can also change the config file in the HaxChi directory to autoboot to a sigpatched sysnand every time you click it.

This is the line
Default=sysmenu

Reinstall Haxchi over itself after changing the config file

Yeah forgot about that, been a long time since I used button configs. Last time i did was loading fw.img from the SD on boot.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah forgot about that, been a long time since I used button configs. Last time i did was loading fw.img from the SD on boot.

Ah great the hold B button worked, thanks guys.

So is it best to change the config file so it boots a sigpatched sysnand everytime i load Haxchi then?

EDIT: Hmmmm when l load the homebrew launcher channel i just get a black screen!

Last edited by lettuce,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu