Haxchi installed how to change boot

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by John2568, Feb 6, 2017.

1. John2568
    OP

John2568 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    I have haxchi installed but when I turn on wii u it boots to haxchi right away. I do I make it boot to wii u system menu instead do I need to install HAXCHI-COLDBOOT. Scare to brick wii u. Any my haxchi icon on the wii says DO NOT OPEN wtf why is that? that normal.

Question #2 is it easy to uninstall the haxchi?

thanks again

Last edited by John2568, Feb 6, 2017
  2. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2015
    It looks like you have installed CBHC (ColdBoot HaxChi).
    If you do not want coldboot run the same installer again and select uninstall.
    Then make sure you download the correct installer Haxchi_v2.5u2.zip from here.

3. John2568
    OP

John2568 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    tried uninstalling cbhc booter but get message says

default title id not set to seleceted ds vc. i have big brain academy

4. T-Law

T-Law Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    United States
    did you only install haxchi or you installed CBHC?
    haxchi is not coldboot, if you install, you will just see a new channel called haxchi in your menu

CBHC is a coldboot, if you install it you will see a black screen while your Wii U is powering on, you have to press the home button to go to the coldboot configuration, from there, you can pick an autoboot option, pick Wii U System Menu to get a coldboot to system menu + signture patching.

5. John2568
    OP

John2568 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    got it! thanks for your help i pressed home button while loading and changed the setting. all good now