Haxchi Freezing 5.5.2

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Cyberlinkist, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Cyberlinkist
    OP

Cyberlinkist Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    United States
    So earlier I was using Haxchi to check out some RetroArch stuff, and somehow my console updated after I restarted. Now when I try to load up Haxchi, it freezes on the white Wii U loading screen. I know this probably means I'm screwed, but I wanted to see if anyone has any options before I panic?

2. Create_

Create_ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2017
    United States
    (insert wacky and amusing place here)
    What was your Haxchi configuration set to?

3. Cyberlinkist
    OP

Cyberlinkist Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    United States
    Uhm... I'm not sure exactly. I touched the icon and the homebrew launcher launched. Thats about the extent of what I know XD

4. Create_

Create_ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2017
    United States
    (insert wacky and amusing place here)
    That's strange.. I really don't know what could've caused that... Try again maybe?

5. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Just check config.txt file on your SD in Haxchi folder and paste content please, it will be better to understand what happens here, since it's the one used when you install Haxchi, you probably still have those settings. Anyway Haxchi should work on 5.5.2, were you having the latest one (v2.5u2 ?)

Edit : If it was launching Homebrew Launcher, just check it on your SD card, everything's here ?

Last edited by Kleyon, Aug 11, 2017
  6. Cyberlinkist
    OP

Cyberlinkist Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    United States
    a=fw.img
    b=sysmenu
    default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Is that it?

7. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Is it, like you said by default it is launching Homebrew Launcher, file is still on your SD card like it should ? wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

And about version ? Do you know which one you installed ? It was a long time ago ?

Edit: You can always try to launch Haxchi pressing B to check if he can correctly back to sysmenu activating patches.

8. Cyberlinkist
    OP

Cyberlinkist Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    United States
    I installed it when Breath of the Wild came out, so about 5 months ago I'd say. It was working a few hours ago, and now nothing. It freezes everytime

9. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    So you must have latest Haxchi on it. Try launching it pressing B please and just let us know.

10. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Try a different sd card

11. Cyberlinkist
    OP

Cyberlinkist Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    United States
    If I hold B while loading it it just sorta closes after a few seconds, didnt even know that was a thing. I could try another SD card

12. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Close ? You're back to WiiU system right ? So it should be fine, right the next step was incriminating SD card itself (after checking for files)...

13. reddator

reddator Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    United States
    If you press B it should take you back to the system menu I believe

14. Cyberlinkist
    OP

Cyberlinkist Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    United States
    Right now I'm moving everything to my PC, then I'll reformat and see if that works. If not I'll try another card. While I'm here I gotta ask, with my USB stick whenever I try to open it on my computer it asks to reformat. Is there a way around that?

15. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    External USB support must be formatted by WiiU itself to be recognized, this is a special format, PC can't recognize it, you simply can't use those drives on PC...

16. Cyberlinkist
    OP

Cyberlinkist Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    United States
    thats a shame, ok then. I'll have to do a workaround for using it then. Right now I've reformatted moving back, will let you know the results

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hypothetical question. If push came to shove, would it be possible to reformat my wii u and download my haxchi game and re-install it? I'm really reaching here, but just spitballing ideas

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok, well now it's not freezing at the same screen. The screen is going black with a "-3" in the left corner. Thats even more confusing XD

17. reddator

reddator Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2017
    United States
    I believe the -3 means you don't have Homebrew Launcher in your SD card

18. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    I think he's right, so if files are really on SD card (did you check apps folder ?! and elf being present ?) so that's a SD card issue.

Edit : You're on 5.5.2 ! Don't format anything or you'll be screwed, unless you dumped OTP and SEEPROM...

19. Cyberlinkist
    OP

Cyberlinkist Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    United States
    Ok, one more update I think. I went through the apps folder and too everything off except the homebrew launcher. So I think the problem is I somehow got a corrupted app file. Thanks for everyones time, I think I have it now. Crisis averted

20. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    I told you to check Homebrew Launcher on SD card ^^ Anyway, if everything is fine so it's cool ! :)