Homebrew Haxable Titles

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be theoretically possible to use the SDK to make a title on the e-shop... primarily or, however, for the purpose of an exploit? Theoretically?

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We could just keep it super top secret and just not post twitter videos and announcements about it. Also, isn't publishing just getting somebody to spread the name of your game? Why can't you self publish it and not pay any money?

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering this because maybe someone could have control over (at least some control over) a title from the e-shop, and there wouldn't be any updates released by the developer preventing it. But Nintendo would probably still take it down and find a way. Still a theory...

loco365

Trophies
XP
Would it be theoretically possible to use the SDK to make a title on the e-shop... primarily or, however, for the purpose of an exploit? Theoretically?
Yes, but it'd be a stupid idea, because Nintendo would get you to patch it and if they trace back to the online handle that you use, you could be held for legal implications and be sued.

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: GBATemp was being strange and reposted.

(Good lord, I am sorry about that. I kept trying to post it and it wouldn't, so I ended up with way more of the same post than I wanted. :blink:)

Last edited by Biovirulent,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: GBATemp was being strange and reposted.

(Good lord, I am sorry about that. I kept trying to post it and it wouldn't, so I ended up with way more of the same post than I wanted. :blink:)
(off topic) tip: if you click post and don't see it, refresh the page to see if it posted.
(on topic)
We could just keep it super top secret and just not post twitter videos and announcements about it. Also, isn't publishing just getting somebody to spread the name of your game? Why can't you self publish it and not pay any money?
from what I have heard, you cannot publish without buying hardware or something.

Reactions: Boogieboo6

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah see, you have to own a dev unit in order to publish to the eShop, which runs for a pretty penny (the most common being $2,000). This is a gigantic waste of money just to have your release ganked from the eShop and to be faced with possible legal issues.

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah see, you have to own a dev unit in order to publish to the eShop, which runs for a pretty penny (the most common being $2,000). This is a gigantic waste of money just to have your release ganked from the eShop and to be faced with possible legal issues.

I didn't look into the logistics of it, but that would be a waste, yes. Was just a little idea. :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
This is the stuff of fantasy.

Nobody goes to the trouble of making a commercial game; which is very hard, long term work, just to get a userland exploit on the eshop.
The game is then pulled and your income is taken away (which is small enough for most eshop indies) and your reputation is tarnished. After the pull, you have weeks of work fixing your bug and going through lotcheck again just to get the game back on the eshop so you can get paid again.

It makes much more sense just to keep finding exploits in existing games - which seems to be working just fine.

Reactions: Biovirulent

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It makes much more sense just to keep finding exploits in existing games - which seems to be working just fine.
Especially when it comes to first party games. Nintendo themselves seem to have the most exploitable games, which also seems to be putting a damper on the 3DS itself, but meh.

Reactions: zoogie

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
that's marketing and adverising. publishing isn't that. :)
you can't self publish because naturally, nitendo controls their store...
and lol, it there are twitter videos and stuff, it's not secret!

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Boogieboo6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1