Having two versions of the same app

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it even possible to have two different versions of the same app?

For example, I want to have two versions of wiiflow (just wanna have two different themes for different plugins). So, what I did was I renamed both folders of one of the wiiflow verisons in the apps folder and in the root of my sd card and it shows two wiiflow apps in the homebrew channel but when I launch them they both open with the same theme (probably because of the wiiflow folder in the rood of the sd card since it is the default one for config).

This is what I have:

1. sd:/apps/wiiflow and sd:/wiiflow/

2. sd:/apps/wiiflow_lite and sd:/wiiflow_lite/

Is there a way to work around it? I mean, maybe change the path to the folder in the root somewhere in the settings or something?

Dubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it even possible to have two different versions of the same app?

For example, I want to have two versions of wiiflow (just wanna have two different themes for different plugins). So, what I did was I renamed both folders of one of the wiiflow verisons in the apps folder and in the root of my sd card and it shows two wiiflow apps in the homebrew channel but when I launch them they both open with the same theme (probably because of the wiiflow folder in the rood of the sd card since it is the default one for config).

This is what I have:

1. sd:/apps/wiiflow and sd:/wiiflow/

2. sd:/apps/wiiflow_lite and sd:/wiiflow_lite/

Is there a way to work around it? I mean, maybe change the path to the folder in the root somewhere in the settings or something?

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm wanting 2 separate forwarders/channels to go to WiiFlow ... I'd like one to go to Wii games and the other to go to GameCube games.

I actually tried the exact same thing, placed them in different "app" folders and different versions with no luck. Every time I open either WiiFlow it retains the same settings/configuration as the other one.

A very obscure issue (trust me, I know) but something I've been hoping to solve.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8