Having trouble with Mame Emulator

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Graphiceye1821, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Graphiceye1821 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    I messed with the settings a little and now I can't select anything, trying to delete the settings file on SD card I replaced all the Mame files in the apps folder and it's own folder and i did nothing. Help.

2. Shawn ShyGuy

Shawn ShyGuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    I've done this before, where I broke FCEUX GX (dont mess with video output options, PSA)
    I'd do a fresh install of MAME again to be safe, and make sure to delete any config files it has, not just /apps/MAME and /MAME/. Even though it has these directories, it's possible it's still making config files on the root of the SD.
    Also try running it off of another SD/USB if you can, that way you can narrow down if it's a problem with MAME or something else.

3. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Ok thanks..

4. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    It worked thanks again

Shawn ShyGuy likes this.
  5. Shawn ShyGuy

Shawn ShyGuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    No problem. Outta curiosity, was it a config file on the SD card root? Ive never set up mame myself, and id like to know what to do if this happens to myself (or help someone else if they stumble upon this thread)

6. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    I just took a fresh sd card put new files on there to see if it worked and it did, then added it to my main SD.