having trouble saving inputs in retroarch wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by maczilla, Oct 17, 2016.

1. maczilla
    OP

maczilla GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Bermuda
    was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance, i've tried a bunch of combinations in the settings page in retroarch, nothing seems to be able to stick.

My goal is to have the inputs the same everytime I start up a game(without having to touch anything), what would I have to do to achieve this? im using a classic controller plugged into the wiimote.

Yes I have tried save config on exit.

2. Harpuia20

Harpuia20 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    United States
    First off, what version of RA are you using? What I do is set "load remap files automatically" to ON, point it to a remaps folder in the directory settings, and then just set up and save your button remaps when you start up a game.

3. maczilla
    OP

maczilla GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Bermuda
    latest build. Ill tinker some more. because my remaps folder is empty.

4. maczilla
    OP

maczilla GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Bermuda
    double post sorry.

Last edited by maczilla, Oct 17, 2016
  5. maczilla
    OP

maczilla GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Bermuda
    ok so, I managed to get remap files to save into the Core / specific game remap file. it doesnt go into the remap folder so..

for example I saved the remap in contra 3 snes, and there is a contra 3 snes remap file in the snes 9x next core folder.

so how do I make it auto-load this contra 3 snes remap file everytime I start any game whatsoever automatically without changing it to the remap file in settings?

6. maczilla
    OP

maczilla GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Bermuda
    ok I guess I figured it out, it auto loads the per core remap file, thats good enough for me. thank you for your help harp, it made me realize some things.