Having trouble getting VBA GX to work.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by orez, Jun 6, 2010.

Jun 6, 2010
  1. orez
    OP

Newcomer orez Newbie

United States
    [​IMG]

So, first off, I have a Wii with the latest homebrew channel installed(Should be, anyway), and system menu 4.2.

So, I tried loading VBA GX up so my mom could play Azure Dreams. It freezes on me. So, I try installing IOS202, figuring maybe the lack of it was the cause of it not functioning. So, I get a message telling me that I need to run the Trucha Bug Restorer. After a half hour of that and fixing the upside-down Homebrew Channel, I still can't run IOS 202. I try running the TBR again, still doesn't help.

Is the lack of IOS 202 the cause of my freezing, or is it an unrelated issue?

2. Ocarina

Newcomer Ocarina Advanced Member

Australia
    What type of freeze is it? When you click on the game do you just get a white screen? Does it crash in the menu? Do you get the BIOS like screen? What happens?

3. WitoRIT92

Member WitoRIT92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is the game compressed ?

4. orez
    OP

Newcomer orez Newbie

United States
    Ocarina: When I load up the emulator, it just turns black. Never gets to the menu, never allows me to do anything. Just black. I guess a crash would be a more appropriate term.

WitoRIT92: The game is uncompressed.

5. Evil-Popeye

Newcomer Evil-Popeye Advanced Member

New Zealand
    I think its because you didn't delete the stub IOS 202 that you have because you're on system menu 4.2. Follow this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha and that'll get you a trucha signed IOS 36 and remove the stub IOS's for you. Then i recommend installing waninkoko's cIOS 249 and 250: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko and hermes cIOS 202,222 and 223: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios as that will let you play all emulated games and games off a disc (using the appropriate loader).

6. orez
    OP

Newcomer orez Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the guide. I'll give it a try later.

7. orez
    OP

Newcomer orez Newbie

United States
    As it turns out, there is no stub IOS 202. There is no IOS202 at all...

8. kobalobasileus

Newcomer kobalobasileus Newbie

United States
    This sounds like either a bad rom or a game that just isn't compatible with VBAgx.

Try running it in the PC version. If it doesn't work there, find a different copy.

9. orez
    OP

Newcomer orez Newbie

United States
    re-read my question. I can't even get VBA GX to run!

some more info: I install Waninkoko's cIOS, but cannot install Hermes'. There is no IOS 202 stub preventing me from installing 202, yet I cannot install 202 anyway.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand VBA GX is working now. Waninkoko's cIOS fixed it. O_O

Thanks for the help, guys!