having problems with nintendont and ps3 controller

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by andy holden, Jul 3, 2015.

1. andy holden
    OP

andy holden Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2015
    so all was working fine earlier, iv come home, loaded up my console again and i cannot get games to load, and its more than probably an issue with the controller connected, as if i do not connect the ps3 controller via usb the game will boot up fine, if i have the ps3 controller connected then it will just freeze the machine, untl i either pull the power cable or sometimes if i pull the controller it will work, iv tried re-installing nintendont etc, still same issues, iv googled it and come across a few people having the same issue, nobody seems to have a fix though.

it seems to be a conflict or something going on with the controller file on my SD card, i have a controller folder in my apps section then in the root menu i have a file renamed to just controller ( the ps3 controller config file) is this correct, its winding me up a little bit as it did work fine to start with, now i have no idea whats causing the issue.

ok so loaded nintendont up and tried updating everything through that on the console, still same, freezes as loading config done, if i unplug controller, it works again , shocky horror

Last edited by andy holden, Jul 3, 2015
  2. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    i never even once got a my ps3 controller to connect to my WiiU, i would love to for nintendont because without having a GC controller hub i could use every controller available.

3. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Only got it to work once but stopped working for some reason

Last edited by ganons, Jul 13, 2015
  4. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Did you get it working by any chance?

5. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Still no, not wired or wireless

6. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Got it to work again on both PS3 pads. Had to reset the sync with a needle. Look at the back of the pad and youll see the reset button

7. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    ive done that before and it didnt work, perhaps ill try again with the new builds when i get time..