Hardware Having Problem With Lcd Swap

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
hey guys i have an lcd that i was swapping was worling but had red spots on it, so removed it and placed another, screen just turns on and lights but no logos showing.
returned the working one same issue.

it seems i i just can manage to alligh the data cable for the lcd.

i took a pic, any advise.
i had another console luying around, tried unplugging the same cable and getting it back, i faced the same issue.

is there like a magic trick to it or what
im clueless

Attachments

• 03D03700-9B6A-4813-9092-F1ADFC30466E.jpeg
    03D03700-9B6A-4813-9092-F1ADFC30466E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 244

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
of course a switch :D

the thing is if i connect that cable or not same outcome screen lights up but no data shown.

anyone faced any issue with this cable.seems once you remove it its a pain in the ass to let it work again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you pull out the latch before trying to push in the cable?
yes of course.it wont enter without it for sure

Aldoria

Trophies
XP
Country
France
of course a switch :D

the thing is if i connect that cable or not same outcome screen lights up but no data shown.

anyone faced any issue with this cable.seems once you remove it its a pain in the ass to let it work again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes of course.it wont enter without it for sure
maybe the problem is not from the screen

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
screen working fine, im just having a problem fitting the cable back in in it mormal position.
seems it getting in more from the left side than the right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 189

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
tried several times same issue.
console boots and works in docked mode but screen isnt showing any data.

good damm this alighment.

i threw it in the box till tommorow or aomething instead of throwing the whole thing out of the window .
:D

Aldoria

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tried several times same issue.
console boots and works in docked mode but screen isnt showing any data.

good damm this alighment.

i threw it in the box till tommorow or aomething instead of throwing the whole thing out of the window .
:D
lol do something else and try again tomorrow

Reactions: Xandroz

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did u unplug the battery and removed body static electricity before doing anything in the Switch?

On my Sony Xperia Z2 after changing screen the son of a B* only gave me 3 red lights and lot of ppl had the same problem, only like 2 years later someone posted something that I had to do tiny soldering and it finally booted, but this is a very different case, the replacement LCD was expensive and wasnt exactly original so I'm thinking Sony had some kind of protection to reject it...

I never had much problems with flex cables, its good to know that you have this problem, I hope u find what's the problem in case I ever need to replace mine or if someone ever comes to me with a broken LCD switch (unlikely as I only saw 1 kid with one and I don't know anyone with 1 in my zone...).

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The white section if it is not lifted up and out will make it impossible to re position the ribbon cable . Use tiny jewllers screwdriver to lift the outter corners white section up wards - be very careful you dont put too much pressure into the action and rip something else with screwdriver . IF the little white bit stays in the position its in now it will never allow ribbon cable sit in the slot it need to "open" then once open ribbon will slide nicely in - then position the white bit downwards so it locks and grabs the cable .

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
yes the white bit is open, i just took the whole thing in the box, as im moving houses in the next 10 days so dont want to loose any parts.

i guess ill return to it later and see why this is happeneing.

as i stated the whole thing was working i just removed the cable and mobo to try another mobo i had as a spare and didnt work, ao returned everything back to normal and screen doesnt load the data up, you can hear the touch is working and everything shows up in dock but the screen just doesnt show the data

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
hmmm sounds like possibly the slot has dodgy pin for connecting to ribbon . Did you verify both ribbon cables are identical ? And no break separator along the end of one of them or anything ( In case different ribbon socket for mobo/screen connector combo).
Ensure that cable and white section stays risen(On both sides) during insertion as if its not flush you get a slanted lopsided fit and will produce exactly what you are seeing . wondering if there is a different cable versus the one you are replacing with - socket revisions are a thing.

Any chance some tiny piece of shit has made its way into the ribbon socket on board ? Hence causing lift on one side ?

Last edited by DaveLister,

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i will go see it tommorow maybe or after tommorow and see how things turn out.
cause i just removed it and inserted it back and not working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1