Having issues with NesDS

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by evanft, Sep 25, 2008.

Sep 25, 2008

Having issues with NesDS by evanft at 3:32 PM (1,531 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. evanft
    OP

Newcomer evanft Member

United States
    So NesDS runs fine on my Supercard DS-ONE v3, except I can't use the stuff on the touch screen. When I go to save or load another rom, it freezes. I think I have too many files in each folder, but that was apparently an issue before and I fixed it by breaking up my ROMs into multiple folders. Any ideas?

2. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    I had the EXACT SAME issue with you and only on the SCDS-1 I thought it was a corrupt microSD but nesDS ran fine on the DSTT menu on SC. I have no idea what causes it... launch nesDS with a different firmware if necessary... the problem I found to be dependent on the type of microSD maybe it's a compatibility issue so try changing the storage.

3. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have experienced this as well with the DS One. I've tried many different ways of storing/loading the roms and the emulator. More folders, less folders...More roms, less roms..It seems to be hit and miss. For me, most times it freezes, on occasion it works once or twice but nothing consistent. I have searched and searched trying to find a solution to this problem to no avail. Guess for now it stays on my SC SD as it runs perfectly from there. Hopefully a solution can be found as I have seen more people with this issue recently.

4. evanft
    OP

Newcomer evanft Member

United States
    I used DSTT, and it ran fine. Thanks.

5. 9thSage

Member 9thSage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    First, swap the DLDI that comes with the system software with the latest one found on DLDI Wiki. That could help, at least it did in my case (I use SDHC).
    Second, I ended up having to launch it with moonshell (in which case you need to manually patch it with that DLDI I mentioned above).

Anyway, using that DLDI and launching with Moonshell equals NesDS working perfectly for me.