Hacking Having cIOS issues with softmodded wii

wii4it

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,

after spending a lot of time reading i have managed to softmod my wii to 4.1E. All seems to be working well, except that the wii won't accept my usb 2.0 dock station, although it has no problems using any other enclosure. After reading up, i realised that my wii is not usb 2.0 compatible which is what the new dock station works on.

So i have copied the mplayer_cios_installer to the apps folder and tried to install the cios 36 & 60, but it mentions something to do with a fake sign not installed. So i researched further and found a program called signcheck and this created a .csv report showing what is and isn't installed and from what it looks like, i hardly have any cios working....could someone please check and confirm.

Here are the results:-

ciost.gif

Please could someone help me and tell me which ones are needed definately and how to fix any issues such as usb 2.0 compatibility.

thanks very much

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do you have a small usb memory stick? Like 4-6gbs? Format it to FAT32 and try to use Mplayer to play a movie.

Just to make sure it aint incompablity with your docking station, because the Wii is USB 2.0 and USB is backwards compatiable

wii4it

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
linuxares said:
Do you have a small usb memory stick? Like 4-6gbs? Format it to FAT32 and try to use Mplayer to play a movie.

Just to make sure it aint incompablity with your docking station, because the Wii is USB 2.0 and USB is backwards compatiable
hi there linux,
I have tested a corsair voyager usb stick which works perfect. Also the hdd is a hitachi deskstar 500gb and it works perfect, with the magic bridge II, although its pretty slow. I think the reason it works fine with the magic bridge II is because the magic bridge is usb 1.1 compatible and my wii is pretty old (3yrs) and someone said that it needs to update usb to 2.0???? The new dock station only works on usb 2.0.

76112.jpg

QUOTE(longtom1 @ Jan 16 2010, 11:04 PM) only thing I can see is no trucha in IOS36

and it says IOS202 has no usb2 access also

This is where i'm a total noob and was wondering if someone could help me before i end up making a mess of the whole thing. If someone could spare me a min or two and just guide me, then i'd be most grateful.
unsure.gif

wii4it

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,

@ fenrirwolf - because someone said that sometime cIOS 249 doesn't work with some devices and cIOS 222 may work and also many of my cIOS's seem to be disabled.

Anyway i was pm'd by a helpful gentleman who said that i have ios202 usb 2.0 access disabled and adviced me to update ios202 v2 version to v4 by going to this site: http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223, from which i downloaded and installed hermes 3.6A.

But from the new screenshot below, it seems that ios202 is now V4, although i now have two new ios's 222 & 223 and usb 2.0 is still is disabled.

Can you guys pls tell me:-

1. How do i update ios202 to newer version.

2. How do i enable USB 2.0 access? i.e. do i edit some file? (FYI, I prefer using wiiflow, although i do have usb loader gx too).

cios3.gif

thanks

rmbell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download a program called DOP-IOS. it will allow you to download IOS's from nintendos servers and apply the trucha bug to them aswell.

wii4it

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks rmbell...can i just clarify something? Don't i already have the necessary ios's installed? If so, then what is the procedure to enable the usb 2.0 option?

Also does DOP-IOS allow you to enable/disable options?

thanks again!

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hang on. What are you trying to do? I noticed you said you use USB Loaders but in you first post you mention: mplayer_cios_installer.

Are you also trying to play media from a HDD?? Using this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE If so, you'll need the "other" (not Hermes) IOS202 mentioned here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE#DVD_and_USB_2.0_Support (and in the installation process). You can use IOS249 to install that IOS.

Could you do me a favour? And post the signcheck results after the install? I also thought you needed DVDx (IOS254) but I don't think it's needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.