OP
Trophies
Website
www.4urentertainment.co.nr
XP
Country
Egypt
Xandu said:
No, they will be able to do that on 09/03/2010 at 5:13 PM eastern pacific time. Seriously, WTF???

Dude seriously?? How'd you know that? Who gave you that specific date? [/joke]

But seriously, have they? Cause I heard some guy say he has...
huh.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
4urentertainment said:
Xandu said:
No, they will be able to do that on 09/03/2010 at 5:13 PM eastern pacific time. Seriously, WTF???

huh.gif

If it were possible, you would hear about it all over the internet. At this time, it is NOT possible and no one knows when it will be.

4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
www.4urentertainment.co.nr
XP
Country
Egypt
JKR Firefox said:
4urentertainment said:
Xandu said:

huh.gif

If it were possible, you would hear about it all over the internet. At this time, it is NOT possible and no one knows when it will be.

oh, okay thanks man.

And I guess this means I'm gonna go beat up that guy...
mad.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
4urentertainment said:
JKR Firefox said:
4urentertainment said:
Xandu said:

huh.gif

oh, okay thanks man.

And I guess this means I'm gonna go beat up that guy...
mad.gif

Kick him in the belly.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
4urentertainment said:
Can you download backups for games now? When will we be able to do that if not?

Actually, you can find PS3 backups in the internet, but there no way to run them yet. Neverthless, there are some small news in the scene.

Eventually, they'll find a way.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, ive also read about a small break through with running ps3 backups with an external hard drive or something...they also tested motor storm.

I can't seem to find the source of that info atm...

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark Alex HAS confirmed there is a way, its in a PoC stage and only works on older games so far, as for it not being all over the internet look at dark-alex.org if its on there its obviously on the internet elsewhere.

EDIT: ok something is different about that site compared to usual its not showing the links to his ps3 blog

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I heard that an uncle of a friend of mine , Has some sort of own made hack which he used with usb cables to connect his PS3 to the PC , He is capable of downloading games directly to the PS3 that way. but he must have his PC on to activate that.

He also confirmed me that he saw it.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BS on the USB cables thing -- I find that incredibly hard to believe; the raw amount of data that needs to be send to the PS3 is more than those USB cables could handle.

PS3 is nearing a breakthrough, from everything I've read, but I still can't see it being worthwhile. $25/disc for a writable Blu-ray disc, plus how much for a Blu-ray drive that can write them? Botch one disc, you've already paid for a retail copy.

Until the Blu-ray technology becomes cheap, which won't be for a few years, it's just not worth it at all if you ask me ... now, to play PS2 games from the HDD, that'd be cool. I doubt PS3 games will ever be, but that'd be even better.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nloding said:
BS on the USB cables thing -- I find that incredibly hard to believe; the raw amount of data that needs to be send to the PS3 is more than those USB cables could handle.

PS3 is nearing a breakthrough, from everything I've read, but I still can't see it being worthwhile. $25/disc for a writable Blu-ray disc, plus how much for a Blu-ray drive that can write them? Botch one disc, you've already paid for a retail copy.

Until the Blu-ray technology becomes cheap, which won't be for a few years, it's just not worth it at all if you ask me ... now, to play PS2 games from the HDD, that'd be cool. I doubt PS3 games will ever be, but that'd be even better.
Seriously. Trial and error to find the best burn speed would be painful... "Nope, 4x won't work either..." Another 25$ down the drain.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well so there's this guy who claims to be at the top of PS3 scene. He basically said there is a way to run backups just that it's easily detectable by Sony and results in an instant console ban from PSN.

It was not youtube, but still his credibility is quite nil.

Blu-ray writers and discs have become quite affordable, not as much as DL-DVD but compared to last year, or even earlier this year, they have become cheaper.
You can literally save thousands of dollars by running BD backups on PS3 compared to buying all of them retail, given that your burning success rate is greater than 5/6 which doesn't seem too bad; my burning success rate on DL-DVD is ~98% (1 failure per 50 burns).

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nloding said:

(talking from back in 2000..)

QUOTE said:
Now there is no way to play backups on PS2's, and if there were DVD-R's cost too much. Will never be done.

(talking now...)

Softmoding your PS2 is SOOOO easy! It cost less then $10! Each DVD cost like 0.20 so who can't do it? Who doesn't have a DVD burner?

See?

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
Can you download backups for games now? When will we be able to do that if not?

I don't have a ps3 but i don't see the point of downloading buck ups..............
First of all They are very big who wants to download so many gigabytes
tongue.gif

Then you also must have a blue ray enebled pc to burn the games and a blue ray burner
tongue.gif

Ahhh man that's why i bought a WII
tongue.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CorruptJon said:
Seriously. Trial and error to find the best burn speed would be painful... "Nope, 4x won't work either..." Another 25$ down the drain.

rofl.gif
That's CLASSIC!!!

But seriously, I bought my 360 because I knew pirating games was easy to do and inexpensive. I won't even think about getting a PS3 until I know it can do the same
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can