Have app for usb controller?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bradzx, Jan 14, 2013.

Jan 14, 2013

Have app for usb controller? by bradzx at 5:34 PM (912 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I just start wonder myself from yesterday. I just test it usb SNES controller. Unable to use. And I am not sure if they have it or not. Do they have app for connect usb controller for Wii in USB port? So I can use my usb SNES controller.

2. bradzx
    OP

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Everybody know about that they have it or not? Anyone?

3. Hyperstar96

Member Hyperstar96 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's not possible right now.

4. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    I believe that it was tueidj that said that there's not a standard protocol that USB Gamepads use and writing a human interface device parser was about as pleasant using your hand to drive in a nail.

Basically, someone has to to the hard work first of putting together a programing library to use them so everyone else can have easy access to them and no one has been willing to yet.

maybe someday.

5. LightyKD

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Makes sense. Maybe there should only be focus on the PS3 and 36 official controllers that way all major controller form factors would be covered. Either way, Im sure someone will do something eventually.

6. Li Ming

Newcomer Li Ming Newbie

China
    I just know that we can use USB keyboard with the USB ports.

7. Disorarara

Member Disorarara GBAtemp Fan

There isn't a standard protocol that USB controllers use? I'm pretty sure there is, anyways wasn't it tueidj who got Xbox 360 Guitar Hero controllers working on the Wii (don't quote me on that) and then said it's possible to get regular 360 controllers working as well since they use the same input? I'm pretty sure it was stated in the Devolution thread.

Anyways, if you want SNES controllers on the Wii you can either get yourself a SNES retroport or the SNES classic controller nintendo made. I think there was also an SNES to classic controller adapter as well.

8. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    Yeah, I do remember he'd mentioned having redirected something in an IOS to make it recognize some kind of 360 controllers. Of course that would have been just for 360 stuff and not for ANY USB controller.

I tried to quote him as best I could from memory about the USB thing. I do remember him saying they didn't have a common "protocol" and that writing a HID parser was a pain. I'd guess all Human Interface Devices follow SOME sort of convention that can't qualify as a simple protocol and to follow that convention to figure out how to communicate with each different controller on the fly is difficult and/or tedious

That's my guess, anyhow