Homebrew Have a 3DS XL running 9.5.0-22U, possible to downgrade for Ninjahax?

probablygay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DSXL running on firmware 9.5.0-22U, is it possible for me to somehow downgrade my firmware to an older version for Ninjahax capabilities?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What if im trying to use ninjhax via gateway backup/cia?
well then you need to be on emunand 9.2 or lower.....but again downgrading emunand is as simple as picking "format emunand" to go back to whatever version sysnand your on which HAS to be 9.2 or lower.....so again its a pointless question for a emunand user, they can always get back to 9.2 or lower and use ninjhax, and even more pointless for a GW user as they can use .3ds or .cia homebrew, 90% of homebrew has a cia or 3ds version available

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
well then you need to be on emunand 9.2 or lower.....but again downgrading emunand is as simple as picking "format emunand" to go back to whatever version sysnand your on which HAS to be 9.2 or lower.....so again its a pointless question for a emunand user, they can always get back to 9.2 or lower and use ninjhax

As far as I understand, your emunand version doesn't actually matter quite so much, it's the NATIVE_FIRM gateway provides with their launcher. With Gateway 3.x they moved over to NATIVE_FIRM from 9.5 or something, so you can't use Ninjhax regardless of your actual version (so in other words, no N3DS Ninjhax via Gateway, sadly).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Your emunand version doesn't actually matter quite so much, it's the NATIVE_FIRM gateway provides with their launcher. With Gateway 3.x they moved over to NATIVE_FIRM from 9.5 or something, so you can't use Ninjhax regardless of your actual version (so in other words, no N3DS Ninjhax via Gateway, sadly).
oh yeah, but as i was saying, 90% of homebrew is available in cia or 3ds formats, so gateway users dont even have to worry about ninjhax for the most part, basically the question wasn't ever really about downgrading emunand or anything to do with emunand as far as the OP is concerned it sounds like they updated to sysnand 9.5 and now think they can just go back to 9.2, which isnt possible unless they had a nand backup and get a nand mod done, for n3ds owners yeah i guess using a rom of CN is out of the question then, but old3ds users can use a rom of CN for ninjhax

Reactions: daxtsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?