Have 8th gen satisfied you?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most of 8th gen have overflown into the 7th generation cross-platforming, really not promoting devs to truly embrace the power in the 8th generation. Honestly I am a little disappointed that there hasn't been a real push to end the 7th generation to focus on the 8th.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not entirely satisfied with 8th gen consoles yet, not before all of the cool features from 7th gen are implemented on the successors. The PS4 is slowly getting there, it finally has a music player, but I want a full-blown multimedia solution (this includes video, not just mp3's) that relies on native file support rather than PLEX streaming. Once the PS4 has a proper multimedia player, preferably with CD and DLNA support, I'll be a 100% happy.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's only been like a year and a half, I can't really say for sure whether it has or not completely for me.
But I'm fairly satisfied with my PS4. I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought it so I wasn't disappointed that XYZ feature wasn't there at launch.

Haven't bought an Xbone for myself, so no comment on that.

And my Wii U collects dust like that it's job, so meh on that.

Reactions: MegaAce™

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
There, Foxy said it. Multimedia wise is lacking, only through Plex I can enjoy my animes with PS4 and Wii U while my PS3 ans X360 get there natively through DLNA.
Game wise isn't quite there too, but the announced titles of 2015 will make them get there once those arrive. even so, Infamous Second Son and Trine at 1080p are absolutely beautiful and Dragon Ball Xenoverse is fun as fuck, I don't regret at all being a launch day adopter.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Consoles are typically pretty mediocre to own for the first couple years till devs finish their previous gen projects, and finally move on. So far this gen has an incredibly limited library and that's exactly why I don't own either of them.
I almost included the WiiU as being a current gen console...but lets be honest here.

I was tempted to get an Xbone for the Master Chief Collection alone, however my friend let me borrow his and 343 pulled a 343 and fucked everything up and I kinda lost interest.
I'm sure the PS4 will start picking up steam soon and i'll probably end up getting that first, since i'm sure most of the best RPGs will be on it anyway.

Reactions: chavosaur

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know...all this "is it next gen yet? is it next gen yet?" is getting on my nerves. As if getting a new console somehow has to compensate for the hollowness one's life has becomes. And I really hope I'm speaking metaphorically on that one, as all I get from this generation is a bunch of whiners.

-games are sloppy, short and ridden with bugs
-everything innovative the companies tried is silently being swept under the rug because their users consider it gimmicks (the 2nd screen is now used for 3DS ports, the kinect is now optional and used less than never and the PS4's trackpad is...is...okay, was this EVER actually used?).
-games are unnecessary sequels, unnecessary reboots or plain oldskool bad.

Meanwhile, on pc, I'm getting pretty much HAMMERED by great, cheap and awesome deals. I've got more games to play than I can throw a stick at, and now even my wishlist is starting to expand on its own. So excuse me if I don't exactly fall on my knees shouting "NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" when games made for a television screen now have a tendency to show you things you normally see on a television screen*. You'd almost think people use that thing for something besides gaming... ;)

*everyone get ready for this awesome next-gen title, perfectly fit to today's trends, and as such, will be a monster hit. I'm talking about...
NETFLIX, THE GAME!

:P

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's only been like a year and a half, I can't really say for sure whether it has or not completely for me.
But I'm fairly satisfied with my PS4. I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought it so I wasn't disappointed that XYZ feature wasn't there at launch.

Haven't bought an Xbone for myself, so no comment on that.

And my Wii U collects dust like that it's job, so meh on that.

Same here.

I'm still waiting for some games for the PS4, but so far, the money was worth investing.

As for the Wii U, I'm waiting for it to redeem itself. Whenever that is going to happen. But the Wii U is pretty fun for multiplayer games. Whenever people come over to my place. :sad:

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo? The Wii U's got better games than the Wii but that's not saying much because its library isn't that great.

Microsoft and Sony? No. Not yet at least.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I usually wait until we start seeing the easier to fix faults, some hacks or friends that got in early decide to bail.

If the 3ds counts in it then no, not at all. The 3ds lost most of my good will that it built up during the truly magnificent GBA and DS.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I'm not satisfied until the PS4 gets Other OS support! :ph34r:

That would be sick. you won't need a PC to enjoy the master race since you could perfectly install Windows or Linux there and leave Steam do the magics.

*everyone get ready for this awesome next-gen title, perfectly fit to today's trends, and as such, will be a monster hit. I'm talking about...
NETFLIX, THE GAME!

:P

Fun fact: PS4 treats every app as a game, so if you open per say Youtube, the social part of the menu(don't know how is called) will say "Taleweaver played Youtube 1 time"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs