Hacking Question Has the sleep bug been fixed yet?

MERCENARY_TAO__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question is title. I'm currently on 5.0.1(2? can't remember) started using HB a few months ago at this point and I haven't had much time outside of work to cruise through the forums to see if there was a fix. Still bet there is going to be toxic people complaining about me asking this just based off some great back and forths I've read.

Until Atmosphere proper comes out this is all I really want for my switch.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question is title. I'm currently on 5.0.1(2? can't remember) started using HB a few months ago at this point and I haven't had much time outside of work to cruise through the forums to see if there was a fix. Still bet there is going to be toxic people complaining about me asking this just based off some great back and forths I've read.

Until Atmosphere proper comes out this is all I really want for my switch.
it most likely wont be fixed with hekate since hekate is just intended to be used until atmosphere gets released

Reactions: The9thBit

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
it most likely wont be fixed with hekate since hekate is just intended to be used until atmosphere gets released
I beg to differ?
Since no known date is confirmed for atmosphere, I believe having Hekate's sleep bug fixed is our gateway to a full and functional homebrew world.
I mean we're in it for the homebrew after all and Hekate delivers just that (so many homebrews landing thanks to it on newer fw that otherwise would still be waiting)
Give me Hekate with sleep mode on latest fw and I'm happy.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an idiot..But I checked the recent update to Atmosphere and it has over or = to 197 mentions of wake...Could be nothing..But it could be the wake function being worked on.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/stratosphere/boot/source/boot_main.cpp

That's the file..Again idk what any of this means..But if someone knows what all those wake functions or whatever they are called are/do..Let me know.

Not sure what got me to ctrl+F that page and look for wake..but it's all over it. Also it's the only file I checked..maybe that's all over every doc in the CFW idk.

Last edited by link42586,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beg to differ?
Since no known date is confirmed for atmosphere, I believe having Hekate's sleep bug fixed is our gateway to a full and functional homebrew world.
I mean we're in it for the homebrew after all and Hekate delivers just that (so many homebrews landing thanks to it on newer fw that otherwise would still be waiting)
Give me Hekate with sleep mode on latest fw and I'm happy.
hekate was never intended to be a daily driver it was intended to be used for small amounts of use

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem with the sleep bug is improper configuration of the LP0 registers that save the ram cfg for a wake up.
Most of the configuration is fixed now in hekate. That's why my v2.1+ payloads can wake the screen.

Things are coming along great
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How much is needed for 5x? If its just different config I can look it up in IDA/radare on my unpacked binaries, or has it a big rat-tail?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The problem with the sleep bug is improper configuration of the LP0 registers that save the ram cfg for a wake up.
Most of the configuration is fixed now in hekate. That's why my v2.1+ payloads can wake the screen.

Things are coming along great
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Can't wait. This will calm people down from atmosphere hyping.

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How much is needed for 5x? If its just different config I can look it up in IDA/radare on my unpacked binaries, or has it a big rat-tail?
Don't worry you'll have news soon™
(no actual ETA though, so please be patient)

On the other hand, because now hekate is more mature,
verification of backups, no more errors with busy sd cards, many checks and bugfixes,
I'm now also working on the restore side of features.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't worry you'll have news soon™
(no actual ETA though, so please be patient)

On the other hand, because now hekate is more mature,
verification of backups, no more errors with busy sd cards, many checks and bugfixes,
I'm now also working on the restore side of features.

You really make nice progress. That actually turned me off working on it xD

Everytime I worked on a feature, you had already a pull request going once I was rdy :P

If you need any RE work, write me a msg

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm more and more inclined to make a thread with the sole purpose of telling people in its OP which FWs have the sleep bug fixed. (I know, none of them yet publicly, but that will change.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1