Hacking Has anyone tried Dragon Quest X?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thinking about getting DQX I wonder if there is any limitation, I remember this game used a pendrive included in the game (?), also it needs permanent connection? Does it connect to japanese servers in which case it would detect foreigns ips?

Just making it sure before downloading a big sized game :)

Cheers!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember reading it has foreign ip check, you might need to use VPN to bypass.
it did have a foreign ip check but they removed that about a year and a half ago. The big issue is actually paying for the monthly subscription as you need a credit card registered to an address in Japan. Or you can play for free during what the game calls kids hour which takes place on mon-fri between 4pm and 6pm Japanese time (6am-8am) UK time.

Thinking about getting DQX I wonder if there is any limitation, I remember this game used a pendrive included in the game (?), also it needs permanent connection? Does it connect to japanese servers in which case it would detect foreigns ips?

Just making it sure before downloading a big sized game :)

Cheers!
the pen drive was for the wii version not the wiiu version you just download and install it like any other wiiu game but see my answer above as you will only be able to play the first hour of the game after that you need to pay the monthly subscription. And yes as it's an online RPG it needs permanent Internet.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
it did have a foreign ip check but they removed that about a year and a half ago. The big issue is actually paying for the monthly subscription as you need a credit card registered to an address in Japan. Or you can play for free during what the game calls kids hour which takes place on mon-fri between 4pm and 6pm Japanese time (6am-8am) UK time.

the pen drive was for the wii version not the wiiu version you just download and install it like any other wiiu game but see my answer above as you will only be able to play the first hour of the game after that you need to pay the monthly subscription. And yes as it's an online RPG it needs permanent Internet.
Thanks for the details =), multiplayer setup sounds like a chore, is there a solo mode?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the details =), multiplayer setup sounds like a chore, is there a solo mode?
it's an online only RPG so you need the subscription like I said only the first hour is played offline then from then on you need the subscription or to play during the free kids hour (why it's called kids hour yet lasts for 2 hours I don't know lol)

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.