Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

D

Deleted User

I have no idea either, i could import your save just fine

Too lazy to take a screen but your team is Egg, Raichu, Vullaby, Shelgon, Metang and Bouncee (though i guess anyone could see that in pkhex lol)
How far do I have to progress in the actual game, I save when I get off the bed, shouldn't that be enough?

prickly122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one amazed how paranoid people are just because people got banned? The ONLY people who have been confirmed banned so far are the ones who accessed Pokemon online PRIOR to release of the game officially. No one has been banned if they accessed afterwards. There are some who claimed they have been banned then 2-3 pages later they make some excuse of "oh I only went online for 1 minute before release to check passes" "I only went online for a few seconds to check _____". And now it's suddenly escalated to being speculating that anyone who went online ever with cfw installed will be banned...

Reactions: gamefan5 and x65943

Davidson23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How far do I have to progress in the actual game, I save when I get off the bed, shouldn't that be enough?
When i first imported my save file from Lurantis to freeshop i saved as soon as i got off the bed and it worked.
But just after the 'preparing your save file' or whatever message should be enough.

I'm using JKSM.cia btw

Last edited by Davidson23,

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Proof or *censored*

Ask reviewers, and see what they answer (or check if people who reviewed it before the 18 talked about the online part), as you can read in my post, it's say "would have asked" and not "asked", but seems legit with the ban (they wouldn't take the risk to ban reviewers).

Last edited by davhuit,

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one amazed how paranoid people are just because people got banned? The ONLY people who have been confirmed banned so far are the ones who accessed Pokemon online PRIOR to release of the game officially. No one has been banned if they accessed afterwards. There are some who claimed they have been banned then 2-3 pages later they make some excuse of "oh I only went online for 1 minute before release to check passes" "I only went online for a few seconds to check _____". And now it's suddenly escalated to being speculating that anyone who went online ever with cfw installed will be banned...

i can't believe u made an account because of my paranoiac posts

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe this guy didn't known it's not the first ban wave but I agree with him for Pokemon. So far, only people who access it prior to the release seems to be banned (CFW or retail cartridge).

Tanooks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No. It is strictly because of Sun and Moon. This paranoia needs to stop. Nintendo has stated that the bans happened. If they stated anything else like "unauthorized game codes" or us changing the game's code to go online or going online via multiple pirated games (which is what they told me) is simply BS and simply Nintendo trying to cover their skin and sound tough. Had it been for going online via CFW, everyone ever who had installed CFW after it was created would have been banned long ago.

Sun and Moon. This is because of Sun and Moon and nothing else.

puppisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
In all fairness, only the people who got banned were the ones who went online before the realse *me*. And the most recent bans come from people going online before the european release, that means, only EUR's are getting rekt right now. We might see more ban reports the 22nd, since the bans report for the US release came the 17th.

Tanooks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all fairness, only the people who got banned were the ones who went online before the realse *me*. And the most recent bans come from people going online before the european release, that means, only EUR's are getting rekt right now. We might see more ban reports the 22nd, since the bans report for the US release came the 17th.

It also needs to be stated that anyone who was banned in the US AFTER release are people who miraculously avoided the first ban wave. Nintendo is cleaning up, so don't believe anything other than they went online before release.

D

Deleted User

When i first imported my save file from Lurantis to freeshop i saved as soon as i got off the bed and it worked.
But just after the 'preparing your save file' or whatever message should be enough.

I'm using JKSM.cia btw
how long did it take to import the main file, mine does it instantly, no time waited or anything

prickly122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. It is strictly because of Sun and Moon. This paranoia needs to stop. Nintendo has stated that the bans happened. If they stated anything else like "unauthorized game codes" or us changing the game's code to go online or going online via multiple pirated games (which is what they told me) is simply BS and simply Nintendo trying to cover their skin and sound tough. Had it been for going online via CFW, everyone ever who had installed CFW after it was created would have been banned long ago.

Sun and Moon. This is because of Sun and Moon and nothing else.

Yup. And even if you played the game prior to release without going online, Nintendo can't really ban you for it since the logs only show you played the game. Hell a lot of people played the game prior to release because they know someone who actually got a review copy. I know a few Gamestops that usually sell games to their employees a week prior to release then proceed to sell the game on normal release dates to everyone else and some just don't care and sell 3-5 days to everyone before release.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France

There are lots of europeans people who already have their cartridge (even the local Amazon already shipped the game) on twitter and no one complained about a ban. Nintendo is not enough crazy to ban all the europeans who have their retail versions, as it's not a leak anymore so I would say it's safe to go online for the EUR version now.

The USA release date was different, as reviews weren't even published at that time and it was definitively a leak.

Last edited by davhuit,

Karuley

Trophies
XP
Country
There are lots of europeans people who already have their cartridge (even the local Amazon already shipped the game) on twitter and no one complained about a ban. Nintendo is not enough crazy to ban all the europeans who have their retail versions, as it's not a leak anymore so I would say it's safe to go online for the EUR version now.

The USA release date was different, as reviews weren't even published at that time and it was definitively a leak.

It's not safe for EUR people I got banned yesterday playing with the freeshop version, and someone form germany with an actual cartridge has been banned aswell

Reactions: Guipradi and ILSATS

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One requires friends to actually use and enjoy online play, so I'm not too upset about the ban.

If history is any indication, 3DS and Wii U online play will be shutdown 1-3 years from now anyway. The 3DS caused the demise of DS online play only 1.5 years after the release of BW2. The Switch might do the same thing if it's meant to fill the handheld niche as well as the console niche.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe some wrong bans. I will report if I hear some people banned here but for now, no one complained here (only talking about retail versions, not pirate ones).

It's not like I need the online personally, but curious about this situation (I only play with my brother so we always use local wi-fi, not the online functions, so we don't even need game updates when they are released).

Last edited by davhuit,

puppisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

The ban happens on waves, that's how it happened to me, first eshop banned, ok, I can still play online... the day after... banned from the online too, so its matter of time.

Reactions: BingBong23

SeZMehK

The Wielder of the Keyblade
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I spoke to someone else at Nintendo. These bans are issued by Nintendo of Japan so the NoA branch can't do anything for the people who bought the game early and played (like me). This is ridiculous. The retailer breaks the street date. The customer buys it and the customer is punished for the store that broke the rule. WTF NINTENDO!

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's only two more days anyway (already Monday in Europe) so I guess european people who want to play online might better wait two more days to be sure (even those who have the retail cartridge).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🖕 JM :tpi::rofl2: