Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
152 are a lot of pages.
Could someone please answer these few questions (should be in the first post though):
  1. What do I have to do to get banned?
  2. If I'm not banned, is there something I can do to avoid it?
    I mean it's obvious to not using online mode. Or is it better to deinstall the game until it's released?
  3. If I'm banned, what will be the disadvantages?
    No further eShop access for my NNID? Or Device ID? Or no more online playing at all (with all games)?
I entered the Festival Plaza only once cause I didn't know it was the online mode. That bouncer NPC told me to do a few things (there was no option to access the menu or leave the Plaza) so I thought it's a tutorial for the Plaza after which I can leave. That's what I did. Never tried to use any online features and as soon as I was able to access the menu again I left the Plaza. So I don't know whether I'm banned. Didn't turn on my 3DS for 2 days.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i got banned because i went online when the ban wave was happing i was just wanted to do a wonder trade to show people that i was wonder trading on the game

D

Deleted User

152 are a lot of pages.
Could someone please answer these few questions (should be in the first post though):
    I mean it's obvious to not using online mode. Or is it better to deinstall the game until it's released?
    No further eShop access for my NNID? Or Device ID? Or no more online playing at all (with all games)?
I entered the Festival Plaza only once cause I didn't know it was the online mode. That bouncer NPC told me to do a few things (there was no option to access the menu or leave the Plaza) so I thought it's a tutorial for the Plaza after which I can leave. That's what I did. Never tried to use any online features and as soon as I was able to access the menu again I left the Plaza. So I don't know whether I'm banned. Didn't turn on my 3DS for 2 days.
1)Play the game online. This can include using wonder trade, GTS, trading online, battling & simply having your wifi on while playing.
2)Don't play with your wifi on is the safest bet to not be banned.
3)There are a few different bans. No online gameplay, NNID, EShop, Console bans. It's up to nintendo to decide which one happens. Use the miiverse website to check if you've been NNID banned. There are also different bans for each one. Temporary and permamant.

worryfaraway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is this guy who keeps going on about "Nintendo will look into your activity log and ban you.", then tell people to delete activity log with FBI. As far as I know, we can delete the game icon in activity log (with the garbage icon at the bottom right... i don't remember) but cannot delete activity log with FBI. So, who's right?

Karuley

Trophies
XP
Country
152 are a lot of pages.

to get banned you need to use Sun and Moon's online activities (such as WT, GTS,etc) but some people who use it have not been banned yet, and some people have been banned just by playing the game with the wi fi on (and not turning it ingame)
the most basic safety measure is to unnistall game and ticket for now and then install a legit version with freeshop
if you are banned your ds won't be able to use any online feature, depending on the ban the online feature maybe be fixed (by changin ID) but all NNID features will still not work?

correct me if i'm wrong

D

Deleted User

Sounds more like a console ban. I won't argue with the terminology though.
When you connect to the nintendo servers, it makes a request, which console are you? Your system sends its id to the server. If its a blacklisted id, the server rejects the connection. if its no blacklisted, your free to go.

What people are doing is taking an unbanned id from one system and flashing it onto their banned system, meaning that now 2 3ds systems now have the same unbanned id.

Last edited by ,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
to get banned you need to use Sun and Moon's online activities (such as WT, GTS,etc) but some people who use it have not been banned yet, and some people have been banned just by playing the game with the wi fi on (and not turning it ingame)
the most basic safety measure is to unnistall game and ticket for now and then install a legit version with freeshop
if you are banned your ds won't be able to use any online feature, depending on the ban the online feature maybe be fixed (by changin ID) but all NNID features will still not work?

correct me if i'm wrong
Never tried online features. But okay I'm gonna backup my save file with a homebrew and uninstall it.
How can I uninstall the ticket?

q9p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you connect to the nintendo servers, it makes a request, which console are you? Your system sends its id to the server. If its a blacklisted id, the server rejects the connection. if its no blacklisted, your free to go.

What people are doing is taking an unbanned id from one system and flashing it onto their banned system, meaning that now 2 3ds systems now have the same id.
Listen, you don't have to explain this to me. I just explained it to the guy you replied to as well. You said it was a server ban and to me it makes more sense to address it as a console ban. A server ban, at least to me, sounds like banning your IP address or network.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who want to bypass the 0102 error code, please just don't do it, it's definitely temporary, be patient and wait 15 days. My friend was banned in MHX long ago and he had the exact same code because he played an unauthorized version online and earlier. Do not risk a permanent ban for just being impatient.

image.jpeg

idiotse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file "movable.sed" contain your original "LocalFriendCodeSeed"
If you change this nintendo could probably detect this

D

Deleted User

Listen, you don't have to explain this to me. I just explained it to the guy you replied to as well. You said it was a server ban and to me it makes more sense to address it as a console ban. A server ban, at least to me, sounds like banning your IP address or network.
The info might still be handy for others. It might be a console ban, but it's handled server side. I just explained how it works for clarification for anyone who'd like to read it and understand it.

Reactions: q9p

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

What people are doing is taking an unbanned id from one system and flashing it onto their banned system, meaning that now 2 3ds systems now have the same unbanned id.
problem with that is every one who got banned will use same id and if the id gets banned every one gets banned

D

Deleted User

problem with that is every one who got banned will use same id and if the id gets banned every one gets banned
This is why folks are trying to find another way around it, to not get some random 10 year olds christmas 3ds banned.

q9p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is why you don't share your ID. We don't know the consequences of two 3DS' with the same ID connecting to the Nintendo network. You might be safe, you might not be.

NujUko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i kinda don't understand the miiverse checkout

i obviously cant get into miiverse from my 3ds because im internet blocked, but i can get into the chrome website perfectly

still i cant get into shop, and miiverse gets the same code as the shop

i don't think checking into miiverse website changes anything about the possible results then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes