Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Squee777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear god it worked, it worked!

Acraeus, I could pay you a beer right now.

I just unbanned myself from 002 using nothing but my own 3DS! This is incredible. And I suck at writing tutorials of any kind, so please don't count on me when it comes to that!
But basically

1. Inject an old NAND backup from when you were still installing a9lh (I did one before)
2. Use Decrypt9 to extract movable.sed from it

3. Use Decrypt 9 to extract movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from your current NAND that is banned
4. Use HxD (hex editor) to compare your old movable.sed with your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, see how offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07 is the SAME!
5. Open up your NEW movable.sed with HxD and copy offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07
6. Open up LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with HxD and CTRL+A and then paste what you just copied
7. Save, inject to sysnand

This is how I did it, don't blame me if something goes wrong because I'm even worse at giving instructions than following them.

EDIT: Ignore strikethrough text, that is no needed and was just a part of me finding out HOW to do it, you don't need to do that.
My files look different. Idk but can someone make a more specific tutorial or video.

MisterPantsEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh dear god it worked, it worked!

Acraeus, I could pay you a beer right now.

I just unbanned myself from 002 using nothing but my own 3DS! This is incredible. And I suck at writing tutorials of any kind, so please don't count on me when it comes to that!
But basically

1. Inject an old NAND backup from when you were still installing a9lh (I did one before)
2. Use Decrypt9 to extract movable.sed from it

3. Use Decrypt 9 to extract movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from your current NAND that is banned
4. Use HxD (hex editor) to compare your old movable.sed with your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, see how offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07 is the SAME!
5. Open up your NEW movable.sed with HxD and copy offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07
6. Open up LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with HxD and CTRL+A and then paste what you just copied
7. Save, inject to sysnand

This is how I did it, don't blame me if something goes wrong because I'm even worse at giving instructions than following them.

EDIT: Ignore strikethrough text, that is no needed and was just a part of me finding out HOW to do it, you don't need to do that.
Can you explain this further? From where do I get the new movable.sed and is this really working with no consequences?

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
What are the consequences for doing this? Or was that just a 2deep4me metaphor about life and death?
nintendo can still ban you its just a matter of time and you risk a harsher punishment if you try to bypass the bans. they can cross reference your data in there database. whether they do it or not is up in the air but they can.

Last edited by Raylight,
Reactions: MisterPantsEyes

ToxicPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my old 3DS. By any chance is there a way to unlink my NNID from this and put it back on there? I don't really care about my saves, I just want access back to my eShop purchases. :mellow:

Also, probably a stupid question, but if I'm still using the save from before release on a legit cartridge, is it safe to play it on my other 3DS?

Last edited by ToxicPotato,

LSpark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So the seed on the announcement works for now? Also wouldn't that be risky for some malicious guy take it and try to get it ban or something? Or bans not happening anymore on regard of sun/moon?

"For now" it will probably last another day at best since looking at the chat there's tons of people joining who don't really know anything and also think using the Lurantis .cia is safe now. Right now there are people trying to instruct everyone, but it's bound to happen that someone will get everyone banned.

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
"For now" it will probably last another day at best since looking at the chat there's tons of people joining who don't really know anything and also think using the Lurantis .cia is safe now. Right now there are people trying to instruct everyone, but it's bound to happen that someone will get everyone banned.
I guess is like they say. We always have a village idiot

takanaritogu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm just installed al9h/luma last week. I never played Pokemon Sun, but downloaded it from free eshop yesterday. Any risks? I will wait until 23rd to run the game.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
After being able to play other games online and only having the eshop ban for the past few days, they hit me with the online restriction now too. Guess I'm gonna use the discord as well. The worst they can do is ban me again and/or tell my mother that I'm a nasty rule breaker.

Motisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wtf I was able to update my acnl game using e-shop while I'm banned from it (I updated it in the menu, without launching e-shop)..:unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.