Has anyone ever used moddedhardware.com?

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let us know how everything goes if you talk with him. I just sent him an email asking if he was overloaded so I can send another switch in.
Post automatically merged:

So what you are saying is that you have a carry conceal permit, and you are going to take a gun, and if this guy pulled a gun on you, or pulled a knife, you will not use your firearm to defend yourself. Then what is the point of even owning a firearm? I'm not saying go looking for trouble. but in a life and death situation you better use your gun to protect yourself or a loved one. Don't just try to look the part. I know somebody that does this. And I told him he can do more harm than help.

I seriously doubt this guy is that kind of person.
Michigan no longer has a "carry concealed" permit. If you can legally carry a firearm, you can carry concealed now. My intent is not to carry it to shoot anyone, but it is for my own protection. If said person would pull a firearm and begin shooting at me, I would shoot back to defend myself. I do not expect this to happen at all, but at least I have that as an option. Why do I have a firearm? Well, Detroit is the worst city in Michigan and very close to being the worst in America. Flint is the second worst in Michigan, and fairly close to being second worst in America. I live near both. I own a firearm because look at my default profile photo. You'll understand that I cannot defend myself using my body.

As I said, I do not expect a return email. If I had to guess, this is actually someone that lives with their family and does not own their own home. Belief in that really makes me intend to not touch my firearm unless I'm forced to.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the people that do these modding services are deadbeats that refuse to work. It is better to send your switch off to an upper middle class techie that mods switches for fun than it is to send it off to some guy in a trailer park that literally lives off every last switch he repairs. It is plain common sense, but some people assume that if it is their main job it must be because they are better technicians. That is nonsense.
Post automatically merged:

You spared yourself. Hopefully you get your switch back.
Yeah, there’s a reason I no longer send my systems off to “dedicated” modders. Got burned once, won’t happen again.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the people that do these modding services are deadbeats that refuse to work. It is better to send your switch off to an upper middle class techie that mods switches for fun than it is to send it off to some guy in a trailer park that literally lives off every last switch he repairs. It is plain common sense, but some people assume that if it is their main job it must be because they are better technicians. That is nonsense.
Do you happen to have any suggestions? I only went with this guy because I saw people vouch for him and he was semi-local to me.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I live about an hour and a half from the Postal Depot that the packages get delivered to.
We are close to each other then. I'm not going to ask you to explain deeper. What I am going to say is:

Hello, neighbor! Happy to meet you!

Edited to add: Been 3 days. No contact from the person we are asking questions about. I'm calling it a loss and if I were you guys that have Switches given to him, call the Genesee county police so they can get this situated.

Last edited by rcpd,

CarpeOmnia777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this guy has an Etsy shop too. I came to this page to research if ModdedHardware was legit and after reading, I got kind of sketched and decided to look else where. So, elsewhere ended up being Etsy with a person that had glowing reviews. now after paying for the service and sending my switch off, it looks like PrecisionCustomModz on Etsy might be the same people. The reviews starting yesterday are saying he's ghosting now. RIP my switch, I guess

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this guy has an Etsy shop too. I came to this page to research if ModdedHardware was legit and after reading, I got kind of sketched and decided to look else where. So, elsewhere ended up being Etsy with a person that had glowing reviews. now after paying for the service and sending my switch off, it looks like PrecisionCustomModz on Etsy might be the same people. The reviews starting yesterday are saying he's ghosting now. RIP my switch, I guess
According to a DM I got, he does also go by Precision Electronics out of Davison, MI. Seems like quite the elaborate exit scam.

CarpeOmnia777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hope not... This much trouble and effort for what can't be too much cash. I mean sure he might have my switch but i can charge back the fee paid. If that's the plan, and I hope it's not that's, that's real crackhead moves.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hope not... This much trouble and effort for what can't be too much cash. I mean sure he might have my switch but i can charge back the fee paid. If that's the plan, and I hope it's not that's, that's real crackhead moves.
It's definitely the same guy. The mail-in service description is an exact copy and paste from his website, with the signature terrible writing. Plus, you can chargeback the $120 fee, but he can still mod your Switch and flip it for 2-3 times that on his multiple storefronts.

EDIT: I just want to clarify that the last sentence was not an accusation, just a hypothetical scenario. I don't want to get anyone worried. I messaged the Etsy seller in question and I will come back to this thread if I get a response.

Reactions: Kioku

CarpeOmnia777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messaged the Etsy seller in question and I will come back to this thread if I get a response.
Strong doubt. I've messaged him a few times and he hasn't even pretended to respond back a paying customer. I'd be shocked if he responds to a non-paying... but then again maybe he will if it seems like he can dupe another person.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strong doubt. I've messaged him a few times and he hasn't even pretended to respond back a paying customer. I'd be shocked if he responds to a non-paying... but then again maybe he will if it seems like he can dupe another person.
Well the good thing for you at least is, you paid through Etsy. It should be EZPZ to get your money back. They are like ebay and don't ask too many questions and usually side with the buyer no matter what

Now that doesn't help your missing switch much....but at least that lessons the loss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made it clear that I was a customer on his site, and that I was speaking on behalf of myself and the many other concerned customers all over the Internet.

Reactions: CarpeOmnia777

CarpeOmnia777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For any future potential victims out there. This moddedhardware, homebrew_homie, PrecisionCustomModz, LarrysCustomsCrafts guy is not to be trusted. Don't use his service. Based on viewing the complaints on etsy and instagram he is a scammer. He may have done legit work in the past but now he's trying to cut and run. Mr. Daly is 1000% not to be trusted.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For any future potential victims out there. This moddedhardware, homebrew_homie, PrecisionCustomModz, LarrysCustomsCrafts guy is not to be trusted. Don't use his service. Based on viewing the complaints on etsy and instagram he is a scammer. He may have done legit work in the past but now he's trying to cut and run. Mr. Daly is 1000% not to be trusted.
All the pre-modded Switch consoles were sold out last week, and now today I see he has stock of all 3: Lite, OLED and V2. I have a phone number that I'm going to try. If he doesn't have a good excuse or just plain doesn't answert, I am getting the local police involved, as this is large scale fraud and scamming at this point.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
If someone isn't well-known/trusted in the modding scene already, there's no way in hell I'd send them my Switch or anything else worth nearly as much as that.
Find someone with real history and testimonials for that, they definitely exist.

henrysv13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dang that sucks, he received my system on March 1st. He did comment on this thread saying that they are really busy with the switch modding service and it’s only 1 person working on them. Hopefully he isn’t a scammer as some people have commented on here that they have received their system back.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the pre-modded Switch consoles were sold out last week, and now today I see he has stock of all 3: Lite, OLED and V2. I have a phone number that I'm going to try. If he doesn't have a good excuse or just plain doesn't answert, I am getting the local police involved, as this is large scale fraud and scamming at this point.
Finally, someone listens to me. I cannot call the police because technically, I'm not involved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP