Gaming Harvest Moon?

ufotrash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo it just dawned on me I haven't played any Harvest Moon on the DS at all...I'm getting the latest one (Sunshine Islands) and I'm just wondering if it is worth it at all to get any of the other previous ones (on DS, I mean) or if it'll just be more of the same.

Been reading reviews but I'm still undecided, opinions please and thank you!

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sunshine islands is pretty good, uses both buttons and touch screen for movement, unlike island of happiness where you HAVE to use the stylus

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
basher11 said:
sunshine islands is pretty good, uses both buttons and touch screen for movement, unlike island of happiness where you HAVE to use the stylus

Despite this improvement, I still didn't like it.
Don't ask me why because I can't think of an explanation, just that when I played it I just wanted to turn my DS off it was boring for me

ufotrash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
basher11 said:

Despite this improvement, I still didn't like it.
Don't ask me why because I can't think of an explanation, just that when I played it I just wanted to turn my DS off it was boring for me

Are you saying this about Sunshine Islands or you don't like Harvest Moon in general?

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think DarkWay doesn't like HM in general.

Just play Sunshine Island, the previous HMs aren't as good as Sunshine Island (my personal opinion).

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not liking HM in general O.o are you mad I love HM!!!!! I still have my old PS1 Harvest Moon including save file and everything it's on my PSP too and my Laptop
rofl2.gif
.......and maybe the Wii....can't remember.
The DS Harvest Moons are just....bad in my opinian.

If you really want a Harvest Moon game for the DS go for Rune Factory as you won't find better than that on the DS

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Goli said:
Play the Rune Factories.
They are better than the DS HMs.
If you have a Wii you should also play RF: Frontier.

Agreed.

I find both HM and Rune Factory quite boring, but Rune Factory held my attention for much longer because of the fighting, dungeons etc.. :/

I think HM themed games just bore me though, its not just the DS versions in particular.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You should try Shepherd's Crossing 2, it doesn't take your hand much and you have to figure out most things by yourself, it's somewhat a more mature Harvest Moon, you get to choose between a guy and girl character too and there's also marriage and whatnot. The character portraits are a lot more mature too. So far I'm liking it alot more than any of the HM DS games (and I loved HM on the SNES and GBA alot)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)