ROM Hack Harvest Moon DS/CUTE Hack! ~ Need Help...

MangaMinx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well all i want to do here is hack harvest moon DS or Harvest Moon Cute.
What i mean by "hack it" is to change the text, the sprites, the characters the events and the map.
(Basically how you would hack a GBA pokemon game- for example, pokemon quartz...)
but ive searched for ages and i cant really find any tools that can help me with this
so ive now decided to ask for help from the pros here
biggrin.gif

i have a fair amount of experiece in hackin so codes and hex editing stuff shoulnt really be a problem...

*The need to hack harvest moon is purely for fan-madness... and that i wanna put in kingdom hearts/ final fantasy characters in it too
moogle.gif
:3 - any help will be appreciated ~ thanks

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
the text you can do yourself, the sprites again yourself, the characters you might need some help with but...
the events, sorry I am not gonna go near that one... way too much involved in that.
To start find yourself crystaltile2 and open it there. look around and have a speadsheet ready cause you are gonna need it.
the text offsets (for dumping editing and reinserting) the image offsets, (are you gonna do the sound too?)
Cause if you have experieince your gonna need it then some for what you wanna do.
You will need to know this game better than the creators for such a complete hack (shaking my head)
It can be done but if you are asking some people to make tools for you.... that is different

if you need further help... be more specific cause if you are serious, you are going to be posting here alot
first read the faqs, second take a better look at the tools that are available and third be ready to do Alot of this alone.

Sorry if I wasn't much help.
I'll take a look but the character switch might be really problematic. the height difference alone and quality of image make a difference (ah grayscale...)

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as I remember someone did change some of the sprites before, well, they switched the guy and girl hero sprites to enable lesbian/gay pairings. Search for it, there might be more info for you in that thread... I'm not sure which Harvest Moon was used for that tho...

I don't think you will need to know the game better than the creators to do such a hack but yeah...... knowledge will get you further here.

MangaMinx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks, now that i have the time im gna start hacking,
i'l try doing what i can for now (such as sprites etc)
and as we speak im searching for the hack miruki is talking about and am downloaded the translated crytaltile2 (thanks to wannya and rastan for mentioning it)
if i come across any other difficuilties then i'll sure to post

thanks again for all the help so far guys :D

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try renaming the boy files to the same name as the girl files and reverse, etc...

its just a possibility. [if you want same sex marriage XD]

Wolfdoggirl122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
you can try renaming the boy files to the same name as the girl files and reverse, etc...

its just a possibility. [if you want same sex marriage XD]

how do you do that and what are the girl files and boy files can you give me the links to the files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on? :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's Amazon prime
    Cool. I got Prime
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: im still curious as to what a chaser is tho