Hardware mod?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SOLT1C3, Jun 2, 2016.

1. SOLT1C3
    OP

SOLT1C3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    Much time has passed, since the release of PS Vita and there is no real software jailbreak or hack outhere.
    Maybe I'm wrong because I am not a professional at this, I think it's time to concentrate at hardware hack, there is plenty of space inside the ps vita for modchip or create a flashcard like r4 on nintendo consoles.
    Also all PS Vita 1000'th series has useless videoport, that in thieory can be used, again I am not a proffesional and I can be wrong.
    Hackers need to concetrate on finding holes in PS Vita Cards or PS Vita games security.
    Maybe try to find the way to flash game directly in-to the Vita game memory chip, which is contain game, like it was back in 90's on NES.

Last edited by SOLT1C3, Jun 2, 2016
  2. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    You're a bit late.

There is already ways to run native PS Vita homebrew through the PSM Dev Assistants (can run on 3.00-3.51) and the PSP-side is (almost?) fully hacked.
    And there has already been a release of a (pretty underwhelming) Vita flashcart, the Cobra Black fin. (see here)

I mean, it would be nice to have something like modchips to bypass security, but it's better to work with the things we already have. :)

And yet there is still no way to run a native kernel exploit yet, so modchips could be a benefit here.

Last edited by Voxel, Jun 2, 2016
  3. SOLT1C3
    OP

SOLT1C3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    I am talking about full ps vita hack, which will provide you to run ps vita games, maybe psp games and homebrews.

4. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    You can already run PSP games and homebrews through the TN-V hack, so it all just comes down to a full native Vita hack.

Also, I edited my previous post at the last minute. I do agree that modchips could be a good benefit here!

5. SOLT1C3
    OP

SOLT1C3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    I know that we have a lot of way to start psp games on Vita right now, but anyway we run into some problems like, you need an older software version, also you need to buy a game, which cost money.
    For me, I can only say "PS Vita hacked", when we will be able to run PS Vita games, homebrews, maybe PSP games, like it was back in the psp's days.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, I didn't see any info about bypassing PS Vita flash card or PS Vita games card, am I wrong?

6. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Yeah, and I am saying that we have 3 out of the 4 things you listed there.

Rejuvenate - Native Vita homebrew.
    TN-V/ARK - PSP games.
    TN-V/ARK/VHBL - PSP homebrew.

And earlier on, I mentioned the Cobra Black Fin flashcart for Vita games (that is pretty much limited to game sharing with friends, but still does its job!)

Ummm, you do know that you can use any PSP game/mini/demo to hack the PSP-side if you are on 3.52 or below, right?

You aren't going to avoid this issue, I'm afraid. It goes for any device that has FW updates, like the 3DS for example, that just had 11.0.0 released and that blocked a lot of access, including downgrading and downloading Ninjhax payloads (which I think is fixed now?).

7. SOLT1C3
    OP

SOLT1C3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    Also, thx for the info about black flin, I haven't heard about it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yes, sure, I know about it.

8. xy2_

xy2_ GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    France
    Actually you don't need blackfin to play games, but it requires a backup of the desired games. See the tutorials in this section for more info.

Regarding other stuff like a kernel exploit for example, there isn't any because nobody cares about the Vita :)

9. SOLT1C3
    OP

SOLT1C3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    This is really sad, it's like close loop, sony don't want to develop games for Vita and because of that no one don't want to buy it. It's just :(.

10. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    In my honest opinion, there are a lot of decent games for the Vita (especially some games from the PS Store that are great for killing some time) but the best games for the Vita are usually in card form, and they are pretty much the hardest to share around with people for free.

But because the Vita has been a tough nut to crack over the years, the future for native Vita hacking/piracy looks bleak as a result of that.

You're better off buying the games if you desire the Vita version of it, and supporting the developers while you can. Or maybe develop your own game with PSM Dev for Unity on a <=3.51 Vita just for a little fun. :P

(Also, most of these games lose their exclusivity, with ports on other devices, and if that device is already hacked to play game backups, people can just move over to that device and pirate the game on there, which pretty much makes the Vita sort of redundant, because a lot of games do have ports to non-Vita devices. But I digress; we are in the Vita hacking & homebrew section after all...)

11. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Frick off!

Voxel likes this.