Hardware keylogger for laptop... Do they exist?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Jayro, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Jayro
    OP

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm wanting one to stealth into my laptop in case of theft mostly, but also as text file backups. It will help me catch and record commands I type into the CMD (and Terminal in Linux).

I have only found a Mini-PCI version (Which is for laptops made in the late 2000's), and USB+Wi-Fi versions that stick out too far. I want either one that fits between the keyboard's ribbon cable and the motherboard, or one I can stick into my laptop's spare Mini-PCIe slot (I've made sure it's mPCIe, and not mSATA).

TL;DR version: Is there any for an mPCIe slot, or nano USB?

(Software keylogger is not an option)

2. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
  3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    you say software keyloggers are not an option, but you also say you want it in case of theft...
    unless you connect something like a 3g modem to it (probably not so viable right), you won't be able to get any data from the keylogger if the computer gets stolen, so i think your only choice is a software keylogger.
    which makes things a lot easier... :)

4. Jayro
    OP

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    That's the one I mentioned in the OP that is only an ancient mPCI, not mPCIe...