Hardware Hardware keylogger for laptop... Do they exist?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting one to stealth into my laptop in case of theft mostly, but also as text file backups. It will help me catch and record commands I type into the CMD (and Terminal in Linux).

I have only found a Mini-PCI version (Which is for laptops made in the late 2000's), and USB+Wi-Fi versions that stick out too far. I want either one that fits between the keyboard's ribbon cable and the motherboard, or one I can stick into my laptop's spare Mini-PCIe slot (I've made sure it's mPCIe, and not mSATA).

TL;DR version: Is there any for an mPCIe slot, or nano USB?

(Software keylogger is not an option)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
you say software keyloggers are not an option, but you also say you want it in case of theft...
unless you connect something like a 3g modem to it (probably not so viable right), you won't be able to get any data from the keylogger if the computer gets stolen, so i think your only choice is a software keylogger.
which makes things a lot easier... :)

lloydbarrett

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting one to stealth into my laptop in case of theft mostly, but also as text file backups. It will help me catch and record commands I type into the CMD (and Terminal in Linux).

I have only found a Mini-PCI version (Which is for laptops made in the late 2000's), and USB+Wi-Fi versions that stick out too far. I want either one that fits between the keyboard's ribbon cable and the motherboard, or one I can stick into my laptop's spare Mini-PCIe slot (I've made sure it's mPCIe, and not mSATA).

TL;DR version: Is there any for an mPCIe slot, or nano USB?

(Software keylogger is not an option)
Hello, I am a little worried about my HP laptop. I really feel that someone install some kind of hardware keylogger in it. I am going to open my laptop but I still need to know what to look for. Can someone tell me how to detect a hardware keylogger and how to remove it safely without damaging my laptop? I am using windows 7 32-bit, HP pavilion dv3 4048-tx. Thank you in advance for your help.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am a little worried about my HP laptop. I really feel that someone install some kind of hardware keylogger in it. I am going to open my laptop but I still need to know what to look for. Can someone tell me how to detect a hardware keylogger and how to remove it safely without damaging my laptop? I am using windows 7 32-bit, HP pavilion dv3 4048-tx. Thank you in advance for your help.
Unscrewing the bottom panel should reveal anything hardware-wise, but there might also be browser extensions. What makes you think you're being spied on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE