PS1/2 Hardware Differences

RayXP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was just wondering if there was any huge differences in hardware when it came to versions of the PS2 slim. Obviously there is differences considering they where hardware revisions, however what I am wondering is did these changes make big differences in processing power and graphics rendering? Such as is a SCPH-90001 able to render newer games such as Dynasty Warriors 6 better than a SCPH-70001? Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No
The changes are minor between them two models.
If youre looking into getting better graphic for your ps2 i suggest changing to components cables the difference is noticeable.
Theres people working on getting a better resolution also but thats because all ps2 supports this natively,

RayXP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Magsor, you answered my question fully. I also apprecaite the link to PSX scene where they are working on that project.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my quest for ps2 and psp video cables and devices, I've come to find that component cables are what you'd use to get the best out of your PSP and PS2, and that "they" (as in 3rd parties) do make system-specific hardware that supposedly upscales PSP or PS2 resolutions up to 1080/HD resolutions. Something like component cables go in device, ???, then HDMI cord goes to high def TV, ??? play games in higher resolution. Curse I think the PSP device I saw was like $100, but a homebrew is said to do the same thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since