Homebrew Hardmod whiping out emuNAND data?

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
So i've been to see an hardmodder in some place, (Somebody accidentaly updated sysNAND so i went to him ) he told me that the data and game CIA's dlc's ( all emuNAND ), that i could have installed will be wiped out, even if the emuNAND data still in SD card.
Is that true?

Gold_Up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I guess so ? ô_o
Since I can't think of any other way to recover the emuNAND files
To be honest I kinda put myself in the same position as you yesterday. :rofl2:

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I guess so ? ô_o
Since I can't think of any other way to recover the emuNAND files
To be honest I kinda put myself in the same position as you yesterday. :rofl2:
Oh it should be a bad shock :c
I mean if i have the long letters and numbers folder is there anyway to use it?
I also have an emu backup but i backed it up when i just created the emuNAND (and not sure games are recovered with emu backup..)

Gold_Up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If the backup is from the same emuNAND as the last one you used you should be able to get your files back since you still have your folders with many letters and numbers
Just don't format your SD Card and backup your files and when your 3DS is repaired, restore the backup with Decrypt9 :)

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
If the backup is from the same emuNAND as the last one you used you should be able to get your files back since you still have your folders with many letters and numbers
Just don't format your SD Card and backup your files and when your 3DS is repaired, restore the backup with Decrypt9 :)
Well if all you said is good,i'll have back my games! (I felt bad each times i saw a fire emblem wifi battle video in my TV's youtube :( )
Let's hope the hardmod works nice (though i won't be doing it this week not enough time )

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep your SD card that has your games and emunand in a safe place, send the 3ds for repairs using the 4gb sd card it came with. When you get the 3ds back, get back on 9.2, and stick the sdcard back in. launch your cfw/emunand and you should be back where you started.

Gold_Up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Well if all you said is good,i'll have back my games! (I felt bad each times i saw a fire emblem wifi battle video in my TV's youtube :( )
Let's hope the hardmod works nice (though i won't be doing it this week not enough time )
Well, good luck to you ! ~

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Keep your SD card that has your games and emunand in a safe place, send the 3ds for repairs using the 4gb sd card it came with. When you get the 3ds back, get back on 9.2, and stick the sdcard back in. launch your cfw/emunand and you should be back where you started.
Do harmod use SD card? And it didn't come with a 4GB one lel

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
The emuNAND and hardmod are completely seperate. Even if he uses emunand's NAND for hardmodding, you only lose data if your emunand is on 11.0.

By which case, you can still downgrade with the hardmod.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Suicuark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
And the emuNAND and hardmod are completely seperate. Even if he uses emunand's NAND for hardmodding, you only lose data if your emunand is on 11.0.
Though my emuNAND is on 11.0 i don't think it would be used for hardmod though..
But as Gold_Up said if i still have my emuNAND data folder and my nand backup,all should be fine right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.