Hardmod o3ds xl - help me

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Ps3nucleous, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Ps3nucleous
    OP

Ps3nucleous Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Hello everyone.

I was doing hard-mod to the old 3DS xl, I soldered the 4 points correctly and everything went well (I plugged the SD to PC, they left 2 blue screens and i make a copy nand ok. Then place another copy to patch). I checked the offset 100 that went right with the letters NCSD and proceeded to write the patched nand.
    When process ended, i turned off the 3DS. When i turn the problem occurred. The bottom screen can not see anything, has the reflection shine as if issued video and touch works, but is not visible at all. But i move by the applications menu as well if I displace the menu on the lower screen appear.

I tried to rewrite the original nand that I found that was correct and the fault remains the same, black screen at the bottom ... I have reviewed each flex and does not seem to be loose ... Also i change motherboard with other 3ds that all its ok and problem repeats.
    What do you think can be mistake of writing? Are copies of the original Nand corrupt?

I add that the error appeared to me on blue screen it was:
    BOOTROM 8046
    ERRCODE: 00F800FF
    0F0FFFFF FFFFFFFF
    00000020 00000000

Greetings and thanks.
    PS: sorry for my bad English

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Its ribbon related. Check your ribbons.

3. Ps3nucleous
    OP

Ps3nucleous Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    I'll check it. What error code should appear? Should I return to make a copy of the nand, patch it and write it again? I am now something lost sincerely
    Thanks

4. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    If nand was bad, you would have blue screens without the adapter hooked to pc in most cases.

You evidently damaged a ribbon. Not sure how as on that model the mb dont need to be removed.

5. Ps3nucleous
    OP

Ps3nucleous Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    When I turn on the 3DS, appears 3DS menu but the bottom black screen. I can enter settings and all good and I can even enter hombrew launcher with oothax and downgrade to 2.1. But the image of the bottom screen can not see anything...
    Can i solve it writing patch nand again after checking all ribbons?

6. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Its not nand related. Look for solder splash.

7. Ps3nucleous
    OP

Ps3nucleous Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    Thank you so much, tomorrow i'll clean all rest of the points solder and i wish solve problem because is so strange it