Hard disk prices double after flood

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I got my 2 TB portable a couple months back and I have enough Micro SDs, even if I buy another 3 flash carts. :) On a side note, I feel bad for the families that were impacted by the flood.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Good thing I got my 500 GB drive a few months ago. I love being able to bring everything from my Wii ISO to my iTunes library nearly everywhere I go.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It would honestly be cheaper if I bought a 1.5tb hdd with ps3 games on it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The rise in price is a bummer (especially now that I've been wanting a better hdd), but there were some casualties involved in the flood... I'd be more concerned about them. ;O;

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Point taken. R.I.P to those that died.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is old news to me.

Nonetheless, I was planning on buying 2 x 1TB HDDs two weeks ago, but the price for a 1TB was £80, but now it's like £120+ !!!

It's cheaper buying a pre-built PC. >_<

EDIT: P.S. Couple months back 1TBs were £46.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In sweden, they are going to (or already have, I don't remember) double the price of storage mediums... discs, HDDs, SD-cards, memory sticks, because the poor film makers should get some charity money because you CAN store pirated stuff on storage mediums...
so a £120 HDD? Make that £240! You know, £120 of that money has to go to film makers, music companies etc. because they will lose money on that hard drive, because the buyer of said hard drive will use it to pirate stuff.

Swedish logic in a nutshell.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
In sweden, they are going to (or already have, I don't remember) double the price of storage mediums... discs, HDDs, SD-cards, memory sticks, because the poor film makers should get some charity money because you CAN store pirated stuff on storage mediums...
so a £120 HDD? Make that £240! You know, £120 of that money has to go to film makers, music companies etc. because they will lose money on that hard drive, because the buyer of said hard drive will use it to pirate stuff.

Seriously?

I mean, I know Canada uses that sort of logic, but that's just for CDs and DVDs last I read, and copyright law is lessened because of it, and the price increase isn't as big.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
In sweden, they are going to (or already have, I don't remember) double the price of storage mediums...

Many countries have sneaky "anti-piracy" taxes on blank media ("sneaky" because usually nobody knows about the tax; governments don't really advertize it that much because it's obvious bullshit), but double the price? That's insane :O

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@That Sweden thing
I actually wonder sometimes how much space I would have on my hard drive right now if I didn't pirate anything.
I wouldn't be on Windows 7 and have 30GB free that's for sure.

It kinda makes sense (but obviously still kinda funny that they can do this) in a way.

D

Deleted_171835

Yeah, I was planning on building a new computer soon but I think I'll just wait it out until the prices lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte