Homebrew HANS game compatibility thread

b2cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater with N3DS clock speed improves the frame rate?
I'm curious.(don't have MGS3D or a N3DS)

Doczu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater with N3DS clock speed improves the frame rate?

From what i know it does help, but it caps the framerate at a solid 20fps. The game is coded to run 20fps.

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
HANS doesn't recognize the game update for FE: Fates Nohr Version (JP) ( but i guess that applies to all versions). Other than that, it works fine
HANS doesn't recognize any update patch. Majora's Mask doesn't show the version number on the bottom of the top screen, nor do Pokémon games, so it's safe to assume they're running as v1.0.
From what i know it does help, but it caps the framerate at a solid 20fps. The game is coded to run 20fps.
It actually depends on every single game. Some games are built to run at specific speeds due to it having to be compatible with the O3DS, whereas others slow down because O3DS lacks some power. Pokémon XY run exactly the same for me on both O3DS and N3DS, even with the improved HANS clock speed on New. This includes the game slowing down when the 3D is on. Pokémon ORAS on the other hand, seems to run smoother and no slowdowns (not sure if 60fps, but runs better).

Reactions: b2cool

cahir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could I get some advice how to get Hans game versions working on N3DS (rxtools 9.0).
I'm trying to run Bravely Default Hans version (uncensored version from Asia81).

I cant seems to get it working, any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I extracted the Hans version as instructed to my sd card+installed the game .cia-and all I got is 'Missing target title' in game shortcut in HBL.
how do I point to 'target title' , do need to put the .cia in hans folder or smth similar?

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stella Glow through HANS (on 10.3.0) not only wont hold a save but constantly freezes on a yellow screen on startup. Anyone get this working and how?

D

Deleted User

I managed to boot Super Mario 3D Land properly, working with MenuHax. There might be problem with either BrowserHax or OoT3Dhax.

Xross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get a legit cia of MH4U to run on hans (JP Old3DS)? I get "invalidated icache" when trying either version. AC Happy Home designer (Legit EU Cia) doesn't work either :/ Luigi's Mansion, AC New Leaf, MK7, MH3U, Tomodachi Life, FE: Awakening (all legit cias) work through hans. I installed them with fbi, should I try NASA instead?
Old 3ds 10.3

Last edited by Xross,

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Story of Seasons works too, i'm on 9.2E, and it gives me message from retail cartridge in sysNAND that i need a higher firmware version... seems not Nintendo, hahaha

D13PLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get a legit cia of MH4U to run on hans (JP Old3DS)? I get "invalidated icache" when trying either version. AC Happy Home designer (Legit EU Cia) doesn't work either :/ Luigi's Mansion, AC New Leaf, MK7, MH3U, Tomodachi Life, FE: Awakening (all legit cias) work through hans. I installed them with fbi, should I try NASA instead?
Old 3ds 10.3

I'm getting "invalidated icache" while trying to run hans on a legit hard copy of MH4U usa.

kawlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, dis someone has ever tried to run bravely second jap version with hans ? (to get the uncensored version).

RealLupo

Trophies
XP
Country
Paper Jam Bros and Bravery Second:End Layer both do not work
Both just boot a red screen at the bottom, black on the top

Badge arcade Crashes when you press A on the title screen (only tested on JPN boot)

D

Deleted User

Ok, so I just want to make entirely sure of this before I do anything:
I am running a USA New 3DS XL firmware 10.5-30, and I want to purchase "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy" from Japan, However I don't know if it will work with HANS. I've searched about and can't find any helpful info. Can someone confirm Flying Fairy JPN working with N3DSXL 10.5U so I don't make a big mistake and end up with a game I cant return?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Gm4uiJXfM&pp=ygUeSSBoYXZlIG5pcHBsZXMgY2FuIHlvdSBtaWxrIG1l