Hamachi Trouble

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Jamstruth, Mar 22, 2011.

Mar 22, 2011

Hamachi Trouble by Jamstruth at 5:44 PM (1,778 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    So a friend of mine has a minecraft server set up via Hamachi and I've downloaded Hamachi again to try and connect to his server again. Problem is that Hamachi has changed a lot since I last used it and its not working for some reason.
    It can't connect to Hamachi's servers for whatever reason which doesn't make any sense to me. My internet is working just fine.

2. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Is there anything in the logs that might help us in trouble shooting it, we are unfortunately not psychic

Are you unable to connect to Hamachi central in order to get your unique IP? Are you behind a proxy where that might be an issue? Are you having problems joining a Hamachi network? What specific errors do you get?

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I actually encountered the same problems when I tried it last week. I didn't have the patience to troubleshoot it and found another way to play my games instead.

4. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Can't connect to Hamachi's servers. I.e. the place it can connect to all the other servers/run your own VPN from. This connection shouldn't require port forwarding or similar since its just a server connection which my PC does all the time to connect to Minecraft servers etc.
    No specific error code just
    I am not behind any Proxies or anything other than my router's firewall and Windows Firewall.

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Hamachi blows ever since LogMeIn bought it.
    It's absolute shit on Vista/7 and they have no intention of fixing the problems.

6. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm running on XP...is that better or worse? Lack of any connection makes me think worse.

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Well.. Hamachi has gone all to shit, but there's no problems with XP itself.
    (On Vista/7, Hamachi conflicts with the way Windows does networks, Homegroups and other virtual networks like VMWare)

I would suggest uninstalling Hamachi all together and then installing an older version, like this:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/4536/ -- the last version before LogMeIn fucked it up.