Hamachi or tunngle like thing for switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by RGplaya11, Aug 11, 2018.

1. RGplaya11
    OP

RGplaya11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2018
    Switzerland
    would it be possible to do a thing like hamachi for the switch, when you get banned you still could play through "LAN" with hamachi or not ?

2. Tigeris tiger

Tigeris tiger Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    If you're banned, a LAN connection won't help you. You're connection is banned server side from Nintendo.

3. Nightflash

Nightflash Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2018
    Germany
    I guess what OP was referring to was the local multiplayer option called "local wireless" with multiple switches (not e.g. 1 switch and you simple share a joy-con with your brother) and if this could be emulated. Exactly like Hamachi or Tunngle for PC this would mean to emulate a local network of switches. I don't really know how the switches communicate in that case (Wifi-Direct possibly?) but I would be fairly interested in an emulation method as well. For a list of games that support this gameplay mode I found a reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ll_list_of_games_that_support_local_wireless/

But to simply answer your question: I have not heard from such a method on switch (sadly) but could imagine that would be possible in the future.

Last edited by Nightflash, Aug 11, 2018
    RGplaya11, ownedlol and lordelan like this.
  4. Inkadinkadoo

Inkadinkadoo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    I would also be interested in this.
    Does anyone know if there is already something like this for 3DS?