[Halp] YNI Music changing

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by F4LK, Jan 15, 2017.

1. F4LK
    OP

F4LK GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I kinda want to play Yoshi's New island but at the same time.. i don't really want to because the music is giving me a headache xP

So i have a few questions,

What would be the best way to get access to the games files? I know that there's a tutorial for dumping cartridges/digital games somewhere here because i've done it before but i can't find it anymore, and iirc, it said that i needed a specific firmware to dump the game. (i don't exactly know what it was)

2. Because i had the files before (maybe like a half year ago?)
    i know that when you unpack the music files with a tool, that you get 2 .wav files
    One has the main instruments and the second one has some sounds that play in the middle of the track.
    What would be the easiest way to change those and put them back to it's original form (bcstm i believe)
    so i won't get those sexy error screens?

(Also before anyone here asks me why the hell i want to play the game (oh i know some of you hate it) because it looks and sounds like someone vomited all of the resources, i don't know to be honest, maybe because i really want to play wolly world and have to wait another month)

2. israelsaan

israelsaan Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2013
    Mexico
    Mérida, Yucatan
    Looking forwards to this. I wanted to play this game, but the music is just horrible! I hope you manage to replace it with original yoshi's island's music

Last edited by israelsaan, Jan 16, 2017
  3. F4LK
    OP

F4LK GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2017
    Gambia, The
    That's what i plan to do ^^
    Replace the shitty soundtrack with the SNES one.

Already got the files dumped and ready, just need to figure out how to repack them afterwards.

4. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    I really agree with this one....
    Its a shame that Yoshis New Island OST is so bad compared to the original... It really hurts my ears when I try to listen to it :c