Gaming Halo 3 was a rip off.

DSGRIM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 hour long game and I died A LOT. WTF I was excited looking to play a long ass Halo game but its so short.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's short, but Halo was never about the campaign. Although this iteration might irk some Halo 2 vets with its weapon changes. Halo 3 seems to have gone in the Halo 1 direction, which may be a put-off for people who can't aim, but for them, theres always the needler.

Renegade - I take it you've never played Half Life 1/2? Most FPS try to be in the 15-20+ area. Killzone was way too long. =.=

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
5 hours? hrmm I don't think you played it on heroic. playing it on normal or easy is for eXtreme noobs and it goes way too quickly. Yeah it's a bit short but the quality is high and I'd prefer that over a really long game.

multiplayer is awesome fun
smile.gif
so much better than halo 2 and so many noobz to pwn

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cubin' is spot on. You should play it on at least heroic or not at all. It took me around 10 hours and I enjoyed it a lot (completed heroic twice, now attempting legendary)

DSGRIM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo 2 was awesome because of the new stuff and the story was interesting. This one was super easy (even on heroic, if you think otherwise you may not have played the other 2 games) the story was like something they used because they didn't feel like finishing the game and just wanted to put out a great multi player. (The multiplayer never got better, IMO, just more maps and the chars looked diff)

(Halo was classic because it was scary as hell with the flood being introduced and only playing the game at night, though I was young when it came out)

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found the campaign frustrating and annoying. The Arbiter sucks ass, checkpoint system is fucked (doesn't remember my most recent checkpoint for some reason), and there's too many choke points. It's almost as I have to play... strategically!

But I must say that multiplayer is bad ass.

I actually plan to play the campaign portion in co-op.

edit-btw, I naturally suck on single player:/

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Haven't played halo3, but what i've heard is that halo is all about multiplayer.. oh wait original halo didn't have multiplayer?? So why was it so "great"? :A ok halo1 pc version was almost fun on lan with some custom stuff like snipers that fires plasma granades and stuff. Maybe it's just not my game.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Me and 2 friends beat campaign on legendary in like 8 hours. We beat normal in 4.5 hours. It was short, but I enjoyed it. The multiplayer is excellent. Try shotty Snipes on the Snowbound level...

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's so nice to be able to just enjoy a game and don't bitch about how it didn't live up to my expectations.

It's sad that most people only play games to complain about them afterwards. I mean, if you don't like the game, just sell it on Ebay or trade it for something better. It's not like the game will magically become good if you bitch about it on enough message boards. Or are able to make other people regret their buy, so you aren't the only one.

I had a great time playing the campaign. Granted, it isn't the best game EVAR or anything, but I enjoyed the campaign and will probably play through it another few times. Favourite scene is probably when that big ship comes swooping down. First time I stood right in front of a Wraith and was all like "WTF" when the thing suddenly came flying at me.
Also, this made me pick the Marathon trilogy again. Also pretty good games. Too bad there's only the second part on Live Arcade, but I'm playing them all on the PC, anyway. Freeware ftw.
And Halo was never about Multiplayer for me, anyway. I had good times playing splitscreen with a few friends on Halo 2, but I never played any of the Halo games online. I enjoyed the story, which got better with every part (although I'm still grumpy about that cliffhanger ending in Halo 2) and imo got a pretty much conclusion in Halo 3. Granted, there are a few things they could've gone further on, but all in all, it was pretty good.

Oh, and of course I wasn't implying that you shouldn't talk negatively about a game. Every game needs reviews, good or bad ones. But "OMG HALO3 SUX IT DOESN'T HEAL CANCER" is hardly a review. Sadly, most "big" reviewers are also too easily influenced by the hypes surrounding games like Halo 3. It's good, but it doesn't deserve 9/10 or even 10/10 points. I'd probably give it about 7.5/10

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It depends on how much you sit back to actually play it, or do you just run in, kill things, get to the next level, and run in?

BioShock taking less than 10 hour is unheard of to me. That game is all about the story, and exploring every inch of every room to find more diaries and fun tonics.

HalfLife 2 is definitely long -- it depends on the game. A lot of FPS's are short (7-10 hours), but some are incredibly long.

Halo 3 doesn't suck, it's just not living up to it's hype, which isn't it's fault, it's the gamers. It's actually a very well made game; tight graphics, good gameplay, upped the ante from Halo 2.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At least Halo 3 has *some* variation in it, unlike Halo 1 and 2...
I wasn't hyped about Halo 3 at all, since Halo 1 and 2 were big disappointments for me (I never even finished Halo 2, because it's so painfully repetitive), but when I played it in Co-Op mode yesterday (we almost finished the game in one session), I was really surprised that it's actually much more fun than Halo 1 and 2 and that many flaws were fixed...it may be a bit shorter than its predecessors, so what? I clearly prefer a short and great game to a long and boring game at any time.. I'm not even sure if it's any shorter at all

anyway, while Halo 3 has some big improvements, it's still just more of the same, and it's still overhyped...it's worth playing through once or twice, but there are far better FPS games

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The best thing about halo 3 is after you've finished it loads of times you can play online with mates. I don't like just going onto the random matches as you get people either talking all the way through or the little 12 year old kids hiding in the corner lasering everyone that comes past.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
5 hours? hrmm I don't think you played it on heroic. playing it on normal or easy is for eXtreme noobs and it goes way too quickly. Yeah it's a bit short but the quality is high and I'd prefer that over a really long game.

multiplayer is awesome fun
smile.gif
so much better than halo 2 and so many noobz to pwn
Passing off difficulty for game time constitutes poor game design. No matter how well the enemies aim or how apt the AI is there's still a finite amount of content to be discovered - it's not going to multiply just because I'm having a harder time. Designing games that way was okay in the days of cartridges when storage space was limited and you had to do something to make up for "lack of value" (as it's commonly phrased by idiot reviewers), but not in 2007.

The shift within the industry towards designing games which work best in multiplayer is also interesting, given how only 20% of gamers bother.

Edit: removed flamebait, no need.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just buy Halo 3 today and already beat the game... Yes, I agreed, it's kinda short on Normal. Oh, well. Tomorrow its time to try Heroic mode. Gotta buy another gamepad and try it with friends. And when I get that thing on net, I'm gonna try that online.

By the way, its that only me, or is almost all FPS games short?

Bioshock -> ~6h
FEAR -> 4h
Half Life -> 5h
Half Life 2 -> ~6h
Half Life 2 Ep 1 -> ~2h
Halo -> 6h
Halo 2 -> 5h
Halo 3 -> ~5h
etc.

All those on first time through.

That's why I prefer more about RPG games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    It's the Switcheroo
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's the Switcheroo