OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
ngm0Ote.png

Earlier this year, the Android got Portal and Half Life 2 released as "exclusives" for Nvidia's Shield Portable and Shield Tablet. With those releases, many were speculating other Source games were coming to Android, and now we've seen a new Source game released, Half Life 2 Episode One, which is available exclusively on the Shield Tablet only.

The game is cited as having little graphical differences between the PC version at the best settings, with the same physics and face-paced gameplay as the original. Below you'll find a comparison image, where you can see the subtle difference graphics-wise between the two.

HgFcOJy.jpg
I'll be trying the game myself later today, Portal and Half Life 2 ran great and my only complaint with them was load times being a bit long. If Episode One has shorter load times, then I definitely can't wait to play through it on my Tablet and any other future Source games.

Source
Play Store Link

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load times are about the same as the other two (although I'm loading from a micro sdcard). Also, notice how the screenshots have achievements and developer commentary? Those don't appear to be in the actual app. But the performance seems good once its it's loaded.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
The graphics look somewhat different too me (blurrier than the shield) but then again it's a smaller screen so it shouldn't make a huge difference. Although I thought game streaming was a thing...?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The graphics look somewhat different too me (blurrier than the shield) but then again it's a smaller screen so it shouldn't make a huge difference. Although I thought game streaming was a thing...?

It is, this is just a full port of the game to sort of..."show off" the power of the Tegra SoCs essentially.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us don't have new PC nvidia graphics cards that support gamestreaming, plus this can be used without internet/while not at home.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Portal has two games
So does half life
So does team fortress
Notice something?

isn't half-life 2 episode 2 the 3rd game of half life 2 series? :3

the next one will be full-life 1, then get 2 episodes, then full life 2, and more 2 episodes
then we get second life(+2 epsiodes) then second life 2 also with 2 episodes! :D

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't half-life 2 episode 2 the 3rd game of half life 2 series? :3

the next one will be full-life 1, then get 2 episodes, then full life 2, and more 2 episodes
then we get second life(+2 epsiodes) then second life 2 also with 2 episodes! :D

I thought half life 2 episode 2 was the second episode in the second game

Also by the time we get full life then we will all be dead

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I thought half life 2 episode 2 was the second episode in the second game

Also by the time we get full life then we will all be dead
half-life 1
half-life 2
half-life 2 episode 1
half-life 2 episode 2
there are others but this is the main ones...

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
you forgot

half-life blue shift
half-life opposing force
half-life decay
thats why i said "there are others" blue shift and opposing force are the same as the normal game but you are other person and follows other character story...

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone wondering, I actually have a Nvidia Shield tablet myself, and have demo'd both games on the tablet.

First of all, the games play very smoothly, with almost no frame dips during gameplay except maybe in some loading segments. The Nvidia shield controller works very well on the tablet, with re-mappable buttons sensitivity controls, which also applies to other android controllers (I tested it with Nyko's Android Pro Controller.)

Sound, Visuals, and the like all ran great, keep in mind though that there is no actual option to play this game with touch controls, although if you own a Shield Tablet and no Shield controller, you are just damn silly.

Really neat to have the whole thing portable, especially Portal, so I am glad to see the next source game make its way onto the market.

Now give me left 4 dead portable dammit :angry:

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone wondering, I actually have a Nvidia Shield tablet myself, and have demo'd both games on the tablet.

First of all, the games play very smoothly, with almost no frame dips during gameplay except maybe in some loading segments. The Nvidia shield controller works very well on the tablet, with re-mappable buttons sensitivity controls, which also applies to other android controllers (I tested it with Nyko's Android Pro Controller.)

Sound, Visuals, and the like all ran great, keep in mind though that there is no actual option to play this game with touch controls, although if you own a Shield Tablet and no Shield controller, you are just damn silly.

Really neat to have the whole thing portable, especially Portal, so I am glad to see the next source game make its way onto the market.

Now give me left 4 dead portable dammit :angry:

I may sound retarded but does the ps3/other BT controllers work with half life 2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.