Hacking Half brick wii

BocuD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when I installed a wad for a super Mario Galaxy 2 wbfs file so I could launch it from the system menu, the system menu got bricked, or, kind off. When I turn on my wii it boots into bootmii and I select the system menu, it shows the health stuff warning and when I press the a button the music turns on for a second and freezes. Then when I reset the wii and I get into bootmii I can just launch home brew from there so my wii itself isn't bricked I guess, the system menu just doesn't work. When I exit homebrew, from a game, a usb loader, whatever it crashes on that same black screen. Can anyone help me with this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
when I installed a wad for a super Mario Galaxy 2 wbfs file so I could launch it from the system menu, the system menu got bricked, or, kind off. When I turn on my wii it boots into bootmii and I select the system menu, it shows the health stuff warning and when I press the a button the music turns on for a second and freezes. Then when I reset the wii and I get into bootmii I can just launch home brew from there so my wii itself isn't bricked I guess, the system menu just doesn't work. When I exit homebrew, from a game, a usb loader, whatever it crashes on that same black screen. Can anyone help me with this?
That sounds like a banner brick.
Run AnyTitle Deleter and use it to delete the channel you installed. Make sure you uninstall the correct channel and don't touch anything else or you could make things worse. AnyTitle Deleter is a very powerful tool.
Edit: If you still have the WAD it would be easier and safer to launch a WAD manager and uninstall the WAD file from there.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: BocuD

BocuD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That sounds like a banner brick.
Run AnyTitle Deleter and use it to delete the channel you installed. Make sure you uninstall the correct channel and don't touch anything else or you could make things worse. AnyTitle Deleter is a very powerful tool.
Edit: If you still have the WAD it would be easier and safer to launch a WAD manager and uninstall the WAD file from there.
Thank you. I will try that. Will multimodmanager work for this?

bensmith1020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated on another thread:
2. Enter Recovery Mode on your Wii. This can be done quite simply. Just plug a GC controller into port 4 and as you power on your Wii, repeatedly press all directions on the D-Pad (this does not require you to disassemble the controller by any means), and your Wii firmware should be displayed at the bottom right corner of the screen. This may take a few attempts to perform correctly, but it is not entirely difficult to do. It is possible, however, but rare, that you may not be able to access Recovery Mode depending on the type of brick.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can restore your NAND if possible I would recommend doing it. Likewise if that does not work you can try running it in maitence mode. See a how to guide on Google.

If that does not work you can try using an application which can load games. Ex: Gecko on Homebrew to still play games.

BocuD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As stated on another thread:
2. Enter Recovery Mode on your Wii. This can be done quite simply. Just plug a GC controller into port 4 and as you power on your Wii, repeatedly press all directions on the D-Pad (this does not require you to disassemble the controller by any means), and your Wii firmware should be displayed at the bottom right corner of the screen. This may take a few attempts to perform correctly, but it is not entirely difficult to do. It is possible, however, but rare, that you may not be able to access Recovery Mode depending on the type of brick.
I already fixed my problem by deinstalling the wad. I stil had acces to homebrew, and multimodmanager, just no system menu. But stil, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: