Hacking Question Half brick? Cannot boot Firmware

PKJTD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just restore with my backup files(boot0 / boot1 / rawnand.bin) and cannot boot firmware after complete restore.

Saying..
Unknown Package1,
Version (= ' ').
Failed to launch firmware.

1. I don't see any error message while in restore.
2. Can access RCM but cannot boot firmware.

Any one have idea how to fix this? I did restore with my backup files before and there was no issue and now Im having this error..
I used sigpatchpayload.bin for payload and hekate 3.2.bin but all same.
Please help if any one had same issue before.
Thanks

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just restore with my backup files(boot0 / boot1 / rawnand.bin) and cannot boot firmware after complete restore.

Saying..
Unknown Package1,
Version (= ' ').

Any one have idea how to fix this? I did restore with my backup files before and there was no issue and now Im having this error..
Thanks

Not downgrading are you?

PKJTD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can I create new NAND without booting firmware? I cannot go homebrew menu to run ChoiDujourNX.

Have no idea how to use ChoiDujour.. I've been look at Readme.txt but still don't get it.
Do you have any guide to run ChoiDujour?

Not downgrading. NAND backup 2weeks ago.

Thank you all.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Saying..
Unknown Package1,
Version (= ' ').

Thanks
no no and no. boot 0 boot 1 and the eMMC SYS thats all u need.

Boxty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tut on this I seemed to have bricked my switch as well. I am making a nand backup however this is being preformed after the brick. I noticed someone says you can repair it.

PKJTD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I did back up when my Nintendo firmware is 5.1.0
I guess something has been changed in 5.1.0 without change number..

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
How are people managing to brick their switches?

Simple, most of the documentation out there right now is either hard to find or atrocious. With the 3DS there is/was a fantastic guide available on GitHub and it's a similar story with the Vita. Right now the Switch scene seems too fragmented for that to really be the case.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can I create new NAND without booting firmware? I cannot go homebrew menu to run ChoiDujourNX.

Have no idea how to use ChoiDujour.. I've been look at Readme.txt but still don't get it.
Do you have any guide to run ChoiDujour?

Not downgrading. NAND backup 2weeks ago.

Thank you all.

Yeah, this here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

It's long and tedious, but if you can follow instructions to the point, you will manage to build a completely new NAND out of this. Only thing that this does not create is PRODINFO and PRODINFOF, but if you did not run any suspicious payload that bricked your Switch, that won't be touched.

reidums

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Saying..
Unknown Package1,
Version (= ' ').

Thanks
Did you ever figure this out? I too am having this same issue, I didn't do a restore or try to downgrade. I literally only use this right now to play GBA roms on VBA Next. Was running normal firmware, tried to inject the sig payload with TegraRCM like normal, RCM works fine but when I try to boot CFW I get the same error. I have tried running a different payload, deleting everything from my SD and adding it back, formatted my sd added the files nothing, formatted again, even tried running CTcaer 4.2 instead after installing everything, wtf am I missing here?... I did not back up my NANDs when I started messing with homebrew. OFW works fine. Am I fucked?

reidums

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sir. You are good.

I followed the instructions from this video: did this to a freshly wiped SD and was able to boot CFW. Hope this helps. (btw this started happening on 5.1.0,I updated to 6.0.0 after getting the error, did this and is now working.)

reidums

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also food for thought, I by no means really know what I am doing here. I am eager to learn more but I enjoy tinkering with jailbreaks and the like (ios, android rooting, wii softmod, and now this switch) and just trying to figure it out. Pretty proficient with the others but this is an entirely different beast I love it. That said, I wanted to add for anyone else experiencing this problem, that through my trial and error, I tried injecting payloads before and after with/without the SD inserted just to see if I'd get a different type of error because I was really frustrated. With sigpatch and ctcaer 3.2 that I was originally running, when trying to go to CFW, I still got the same error as before without the SD in. When I tried with ctcaer 4.1 without the SD, it did not give me the error, granted none of the homebrew was in my gallery because the SD wasn't in, but it actually booted just fine. I then put my SD in, re-RCM'd and injected the payload again and voila, it works. This leads me to believe for whatever reason that the .bin file for sigpatch must have gotten corrupted in either my PC or Switch (I don't understand how) because no other files were in play here. If anyone here actually knows what they are talking about and can elaborate further on this I would love to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.