Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. artemus3

artemus3 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2016
    France
    https://t.co/FTxkkB36FG. Rgs.

MrTea likes this.
  2. RetroVortex

RetroVortex GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2008
    I think the games that dont work that also dont have a special chipset thats unsupported probably do something unusual with the snes hardware that has never came up when the tech guys at Nintendo wrote this emulator. (Which I assume is an arm port of some sort of master emulator they must have when they do virtual console stuff, the fact that Megaman X2 and X3 work when its not necessary for the emulator to support it seems to make sense since it did come out on virtual console)

I remember the game had a menu glitch back in the day too. Though Im not sure which console version it was, nor which emulator.

I bet Terranigma and Illusion of Gaia crash for the same reason. Maybe it handles its save system differently to other snes games? Not a big deal since we can play these with Snes9x retroarch anyway.
    Actraiser 2 too. And hey guess what? All three of these games that dont work were all developed by Quintet.

(Actraiser and Soul Blazer DO work so I imagine they must have changed something in the way they made their games Actraiser 2 onwards. Anybody tested Robotrek? If that doesnt work either it would make sense)

Last edited by RetroVortex, Oct 7, 2017
  3. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    RC4 tutorial

loveShmups and artemus3 like this.
  4. Kasios

Kasios Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2017
    Spain
    Good morning people!. I have a problem. I'm using Release 4, I've got a lot of games, no problem. I turn on the console and I see all the games, well, but if I try any game, I do not load any, it takes me to the console menu always, and if I give the icon of the folder that created me the hackchi2 gives me error C8. What am I doing wrong?:unsure:

5. Arakon

Arakon GBAtemp Fan

Apr 24, 2008
    Gambia, The
    In all the tutorials, I seem to be missing one important info.. how do I select which SNES ROM is loaded in retroarch, and which is not?

6. Airbrando

Airbrando Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Germany
    kannst du Donkey Kong Country 2 ohne Soundprobleme spielen ? Bei mir läufts aber der sound ist am springen und Secret of Mana in Deutsch geht garnicht da sagt er mir C7 fehler. Geht das bei dir ? WIe geht das mit dem NTSC Patch ? Ich steig da glaube ich nicht so durch :-(

7. kongsnutz

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
  8. evilone

evilone GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2017
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Musst dir bei Romhacking.net oder bei en.evilgames.eu/snes-pal-to-ntsc.html die patches runter laden und einen IPS patcher, dieser war irgendwo auch enthalten (LunarIPS).
    Dann für das Richtige rom den IPS patch suchen in dem fall Ohne Header PAL - NTSC und dann Patchen. Bei mir war nur der nachteil das danach das Spiel in LoROM Qualität war, hab gerade noch 5 andere patches ausprobiert die garnicht gehen.

Da sich die LoRom qualität nur auf die Schrift ganz am Anfang bezieht, werde ich damit leben.

9. artemus3

artemus3 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2016
    France
    traduction :
    Have you at Romhacking.net or at en.evilgames.eu/snes-pal-to-ntsc.html download the patches and an IPS patcher, this was somewhere also included (LunarIPS).
    Then for the correct rom the IPS patch search in fallait Without header PAL - NTSC and then Patching. With me was only the disadvantage that afterwards the game dans LoROM quality was, just 5 other patchs tried the garnicht go.

Since LoRom quality refers only to writing at the very beginning, I will live with it.

10. evilone

evilone GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2017
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Sorry, i wrote in German as he used German aswell for his post so i was not sure if he is able to read english :)

11. Airbrando

Airbrando Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Germany
    Danke dir aber wenn ich das patche von pal nach NTSC sagt er mir this pak is not designed for your ..........
    ??? Was nun ?

12. kongsnutz

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
  13. Kasios

Kasios Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2017
    Spain
    Can someone pass me their original European console kernel ?, I have broken my original kernel .....:cry:

Crazystato and kumikochan like this.
  14. Laufzeitfehler

Laufzeitfehler Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2017
    Germany
    PAL to NTSC Patch from Evilgames won't work at Terranigma. We need the patch from Romhacking. Terranigma work's (G) but no Sound at all. Is there any PresetID List?

15. DieVorspeise

DieVorspeise Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    Germany
    I'm also trying to play Terranigma, I already tried a patched NTSC Version but no sound and no way to get past the main menu of the game :/
    I REALLY wanna play this game, there has to be a way.

16. thebeaver

thebeaver Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    Italy
    My roms already are NTSC (Zelda is 8 Mbit /LoROM, Mana is 16 Mbit / HiROM), I tried to remove header but nothing change (error C7).

any ideas?

17. Laufzeitfehler

Laufzeitfehler Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2017
    Germany
    You can Play the game.. You Need the patch from Romhacking -> Search for Terranigma NTSC Patch.
    (I hope the Link is okay)

But the Sound won't work. I want to test it with several Preset's but i don't find a complete List from the Original 21 Games.

18. LuigiBlood

LuigiBlood SNES and 64DD Savior

Jun 23, 2009
    France
    Secret of Mana (French) does not work at all (error C7). Even with the NTSC anti-region lock IPS patch.
    Also I got CRC32 collisions as it asked me if I wanted to patch.

19. Airbrando

Airbrando Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Germany
    ok i got Donkey Kong Country 2 to work now flawlessly. But secret of mana german not. It always says error C7

What can i do ?

20. DieVorspeise

DieVorspeise Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    Germany
    But i want to play it with sound :cry: