Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

naisatoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're still missing the point. The issue you are responding to is not the issue we are having. This has do with having a large number of non-NES games (namely SNES and Genesis), and getting a black screen when launching those systems only. Thank you for your responses, but the feedback will have to come from elsewhere.

I don't know where the problem is. However I can say that my SNES folder has 36 games in it and it opens and runs games without issue.

I don't know why you're having issues with the number of games in each folder but it doesn't seem to be 100% the reason.

For your further reference, my NESCE has 150 NES games, 50 SNES games (36 SNES and 14 Super Famicom), 12 Game Boy, 11 Game Boy Color, 12 Master System, 12 Genesis, and 12 PC Engine for a total of 240/300mb after compression.

Last edited by naisatoh,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where the problem is. However I can say that my SNES folder has 36 games in it and it opens and runs games without issue.

I don't know why you're having issues with the number of games in each folder but it doesn't seem to be 100% the reason.

For your further reference, my NESCE has 150 NES games, 50 SNES games (36 SNES and 14 Super Famicom), 12 Game Boy, 11 Game Boy Color, 12 Master System, 12 Genesis, and 12 PC Engine for a total of 240/300mb after compression.

It's not simply the number of games in each SNES subfolder, but likely the size (i.e. greater than 30MB for that particular folder). See this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5w752d/snes_games_issue/

You can see I was able to finally add the additional 10 games that previously gave me a C8 error by taking the suggestion from /u/MDFMKanic, but when I decided to further add another 6 games (and adding another folder so that I wouldn't be overloading one) I encountered the C8 again. There are obviously people who have been able to load more than 60 SNES games, so I think it has something to do with how they are grouped.

Reactions: Beanmonger

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not simply the number of games in each SNES subfolder, but likely the size (i.e. greater than 30MB for that particular folder). See this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5w752d/snes_games_issue/

You can see I was able to finally add the additional 10 games that previously gave me a C8 error by taking the suggestion from /u/MDFMKanic, but when I decided to further add another 6 games (and adding another folder so that I wouldn't be overloading one) I encountered the C8 again. There are obviously people who have been able to load more than 60 SNES games, so I think it has something to do with how they are grouped.

I've checked all my folders on the system and none have over 30 MB worth of uncompressed files. I also shortened the folder names of the subfolders within the Sega Genesis folder to be less the longest one in the SNES folder. Started from scratch and reimaged everything.....

..... Same exact result!!! I can enter every other submenu and launch a game on every other system (NES, SNES, GB, GBA). As soon as I select the Sega Genesis folder from the main NESCE menu, it goes to black screen and permanent C8 error on restart.

Next up, I'll try rearranging the Sega games on there (even more folders? Less folders? not sure....) --- will see what that does. But I can confirm that it probably isn't the folder name length and it also probably isn't due to having more than 30 MB of games within a particular folder, because I don't have any that exceed ~24 MB.

Reactions: chillmodious

naisatoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones

I'll respond directly to your reddit post - easier to organize.

Last edited by naisatoh,

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great videos, thanks a lot, nesito!!
I see there's still the annoying issue with the analog stick when using the n64 core. Hope this can be solved later on.

alucard73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,
Nintendo World Championships 1990 (NES) not work, when I run the game under nestopia windows, it throws me a menu with time wished and so I would like to know if there was a code to put synonymous because --retroarch is not enough, the game starts but remains frozen On the title screen
thanks

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Great videos, thanks a lot, nesito!!
I see there's still the annoying issue with the analog stick when using the n64 core. Hope this can be solved later on.
I read that it's a issue from clovercon but Cluster know that thanks to a person who put in pcm github and pcm himself. It'll be solved.
https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/issues/29

Thanks I'm glad you like them!

Rgs.

Truchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if the ram is big enough on the NES classic it should be fine.
And no it wasn't lazy programming, they actually tried to fix a glitch it but they couldn't, but they found the expansion pak fixed the glitch.
So if the ram is big enough on.....the core, emulated RAM, just only 4Mb more....nowadays is ridiculous size.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Fox seems to be off, no matter which core is used. 2002 has missing assets, and is mostly unplayable. 2005 runs smoothly, but too fast, and 2010 runs too slowly. I tried 2010 core with slight overclock, but that made it too fast. Any solutions out there people like? 2005 seems like the best option, but I have to hit the brakes all the time to hit the enemies and avoid obstacles.

Reactions: chillmodious

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a core out yet to play PlayStation games on the mini?? I thought I installed most of them on the last update but when I click on a game it just boots me right back out to the cover again.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm back from the grave to left some videos of Yabause test and also Ocarina of Time in Glupen64, so it can be added since hakchi2 2.13e

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.
amazing ! Im try oracina of time ! it works smooth by video looks?

did you change any settings in retroarch or something

Last edited by kingj,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've checked all my folders on the system and none have over 30 MB worth of uncompressed files. I also shortened the folder names of the subfolders within the Sega Genesis folder to be less the longest one in the SNES folder. Started from scratch and reimaged everything.....

..... Same exact result!!! I can enter every other submenu and launch a game on every other system (NES, SNES, GB, GBA). As soon as I select the Sega Genesis folder from the main NESCE menu, it goes to black screen and permanent C8 error on restart.

Next up, I'll try rearranging the Sega games on there (even more folders? Less folders? not sure....) --- will see what that does. But I can confirm that it probably isn't the folder name length and it also probably isn't due to having more than 30 MB of games within a particular folder, because I don't have any that exceed ~24 MB.
Try making the sega folder sync first.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also I got question, I been play pokemon rom hack and I got save state near 4th gym, but they release a new patch that might fix major bug in verison Im playing. If I was to just update the rom with patch and put it in the CLG- folder where pokemon prism is in .gbc and replace it with the updated verison if its same file name? Cause I don't think theres way get my save file and patch it :S ?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I got question, I been play pokemon rom hack and I got save state near 4th gym, but they release a new patch that might fix major bug in verison Im playing. If I was to just update the rom with patch and put it in the CLG- folder where pokemon prism is in .gbc and replace it with the updated verison if its same file name? Cause I don't think theres way get my save file and patch it :S ?
Do this. Copy your hakchi and paste it right next to it. In the second hakchi folder. Test it out. Patch the game and upload just that game and 30 games and see if it still has your save. If it doesn't then just go right back to your other hakchi folder and resync your regular setup and your save will be there.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do this. Copy your hakchi and paste it right next to it. In the second hakchi folder. Test it out. Patch the game and upload just that game and 30 games and see if it still has your save. If it doesn't then just go right back to your other hakchi folder and resync your regular setup and your save will be there.
mhmm would I be just able to just switch the rom to other folder then put patched one with same name in the game location folder I was thinking? then if its Not there I can just put back old rom I believe and save should still be there.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I do that? I don't see a way to rearrange folders
You can you just have to trick it. But for just the test try. Just call it Asnes. It will move folder in to first place. Then exit and save folder. Then sync it. Then see if the snes folder being syncs first does anything for you. Assuming you do have the games uploaded correctly etc. I know this is different than what your going through. But i added neo geo folder and metal slug. With that being third out of five folders to sync it wouldn't upload. The nes couldn't handle trying to get the 1 big neo geo file plus genesis and Super Nintendo. So I just named it Arcade Neo Geo instead and it moved in front of Nintendo and gameboy advance folders.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

mhmm would I be just able to just switch the rom to other folder then put patched one with same name in the game location folder I was thinking? then if its Not there I can just put back old rom I believe and save should still be there.
Yes. In that case copy and paste the rom. Fix one of them. Try it see if save is there if not delete it and put other rom back on!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.