Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I finally managed to install more than 200 NES roms with 2.12, and some from SNES, GB & GBC. I still have some questions though:

1) Is the "keeping max 30 games in one folder for the sake of suspend points" requirement still applicable on this 2.12?

2) I'm putting my NES games in Main Menu > NES > 0-A, B-C, D-F, and so on, but strangely some roms (Balloon Fight, Bobble Bubble, Mario Bros, Mega Man 2, Metroid, Ninja gaiden) are located at the root. How come?

3) Non NES roms are added, but when I try to select them, I keep returning to main menu. Why's this happening (I'm still using everything from Cluster)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by maande80,

DesmondH2O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If it's not working it's either broken or unofficial.

I'm sure it wasn't broken cause I can use it on my wifi

Does it have Wii printed on it or is it blank?
image.jpg

Hmmm might be some third party ones

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just like to say a big thanks to cluster and mad monkey. The latest revision of retroarch is fantastic. I wasn't interested in playing any other console games. The option to have nestopia as the default emulator is fantastic.

Ive added --retroarch to every Pal/Eur exclusive game ive installed and all the ones I've checked look to be the correct aspect ratio and speed. Whereas the fcu.... whatever its called core left the games running too fast with graphical issues.

Reactions: heygravity

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The driver is open source. If someone figures out why they aren't working (Maybe an I2C bus addressing issue?) and patches in support, they could work. But for now, no. It's not a Hakchi2 or retroarch thing, they just don't work with the console at all,

Last edited by CalamityRaven,

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Just like to say a big thanks to cluster and mad monkey. The latest revision of retroarch is fantastic. I wasn't interested in playing any other console games. The option to have nestopia as the default emulator is fantastic.

Ive added --retroarch to every Pal/Eur exclusive game ive installed and all the ones I've checked look to be the correct aspect ratio and speed. Whereas the fcu.... whatever its called core left the games running too fast with graphical issues.

what advantage does nestopia offer over the default NES emulator?

Reactions: Maurobr76 and TxFxL

XXwillisXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think CPS2 and save states don't work together. I disabled saves in cps2. Because doesn't work(like in N64 make the save, but cannot load again) and also takes many time to back from game to menu.

Rgs.

how do you disable saves ,I'd like to do this too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Folks, about neogeo games, do I need to go into the hakchi folder/games folder and find the game and add neogeo.zip BIOS to each game folder with a neogeo game ???

yes . unless there's a folder the neogeo core looks in when loading games then you could put it there.

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to get Sega Master System games to run, but they are in a smaller box and also cannot be saved. Help?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! Ok, so put the entire "retroarch-clover-0.3" folder into the hakchi: user_mods ... then add/copy/edit the bin files/cores?
No not the retro clover folder. There is a folder inside of that folder Called retroarchhdmod and that's the one you need. But I also haven't downloaded a different mod. Like you did. The new one you see released is not clusters it's pcms.

Last edited by youngtune27,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally managed to install more than 200 NES roms with 2.12, and some from SNES, GB & GBC. I still have some questions though:

1) Is the "keeping max 30 games in one folder for the sake of suspend points" requirement still applicable on this 2.12?

2) I'm putting my NES games in Main Menu > NES > 0-A, B-C, D-F, and so on, but strangely some roms (Balloon Fight, Bobble Bubble, Mario Bros, Mega Man 2, Metroid, Ninja gaiden) are located at the root. How come?

3) Non NES roms are added, but when I try to select them, I keep returning to main menu. Why's this happening (I'm still using everything from Cluster)?

Thanks in advance.
That's cause how you chose to separate the games. The games you are saying are in the original 30. Under settings in hakchi change it to custom folders every time.

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Asterix and beauty of the beast dont work correct on the mini. I have tried nestopia, fcumm(name) and minis own emulator.
Asterix i have tried two different roms one regular and one [!]

Is there Anyone that can hint on a working rom for them? Or is it a lost cause?

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm tried the ! Version but still the same problem...

Does Anyone get Asterix for nes to work "flawless"?
Are you SURE it's nestopia and not fceumm? First time I tried to use nestopia, hakchi fooled me. To make sure : launch a PAL game with nes mini emulator, music will be a little faster because nes mini emulator is for NTSC system. After that, try the same game with retroarch. If music speed doesn't change, it's fceumm. If it sound different (slower) the PAL game run on nestopia at it normal speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol