Norway
darn! I was just gonna post that
tongue.gif

Take that nintendo

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Buggy, buggy, buggy! I already had some errors... (After ejecting an SD card, it still let me switch between pages...even though they were completely blank...) and a crash (on the "loading" screen)

EDIT: I love the shutdown function though
tongue.gif

1ronlung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work again from the boys. Looks like all it needed was a quick fix changing the title id. The other features they've added to HBC must have been sitting in the wings ready to be released anyway.

What really bothers me is the following:
"The [boot 2 update] code [from Ninty] is so buggy that we decided to write our own for the HackMii installer.

It’s really sad, but that wasn’t exaggerated at all. The first reports about bricks due to this official boot2 update are reported on Nintendo’s forums. Replies, which Ninty doesn’t like, are getting deleted. Anyway, it’s up to you if you want to risk it."

I have mighty respect for the team, but is assuming thay can write code for the Wii in a few days, better than Ninteno themselves, a little egotistical ?

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
installed mine no problems, done a new backup of my wii's nand, nice to be back safe lol installed as boot2 again
smile.gif

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1ronlung said:
Great work again from the boys. Looks like all it needed was a quick fix changing the title id. The other features they've added to HBC must have been sitting in the wings ready to be released anyway.

What really bothers me is the following:
"The [boot 2 update] code [from Ninty] is so buggy that we decided to write our own for the HackMii installer.

It’s really sad, but that wasn’t exaggerated at all. The first reports about bricks due to this official boot2 update are reported on Nintendo’s forums. Replies, which Ninty doesn’t like, are getting deleted. Anyway, it’s up to you if you want to risk it."

I have mighty respect for the team, but is assuming thay can write code for the Wii in a few days, better than Ninteno themselves, a little egotistical ?

the code was not written "in a few days" but rather in a few months (remember the time from the first bootmii announcement to the final release date?). we actually used to use nintendo's code when we figured out that it has obscure bugs (e.g. not writing ecc data)
so yes, out code is better. and no, that's neither arrogant not egoistical. it's a fact. our code reproduces ninty's behaviour minus bugs plus some minor changes (we only overwrite one of the two boot2 copies because we don't have ninty's private key, heh)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok...let's go:

1) Where's the Bubble game? I can't acess it anymore...
frown.gif

2) God, these Buttons are now small, I want 4:3 back
frown.gif

3) Damm...Preloader, please update..I want direct boot
frown.gif

4) Delete-Button sucks...
5) Otherwise: Awesome
smile.gif

6) Anyone noticed the new Title ID
smileipb2.png
?

Don't get me wrong, I like it (overall
tongue.gif
).

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So for the rest of us who have the old version of HBC and Bootmii, how do we install this latest update? By running Bannerbomb again?

UPDATE: No need bannerbomb to update. Easiest way if you have wifi is to load HBC as usual and wait for the auto-update prompt. More details in readme if you download the newest Hackmii installer package.

Buildingsite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK i'm a noob so please bear with me
smile.gif

I downloaded the new hackmii, put it in the SD card as I did with v0.3, put it into my wii. I then go on SD card channels and.... nothing happens. Anyone please explain why that happened?? Thanks in advance

EDIT: I'm a TOTAL noob

uberjedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You just run the installer from the HBC, not the SD card menu. Just make sure the files are in the apps folder on your SD card. Should already be stated in the readme!

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Now on the 4.3 they'll change the codes again and again and again...
lol..

I can almost see...a bootmii install with a button asking the ID's to avoid
smile.gif

But from what i see...id's have changed...soo. Should we upgrade our instalation if we have a working FW4.1/Bootmii0.3 running?

Thanks,

Buildingsite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uberjedi said:
You just run the installer from the HBC, not the SD card menu. Just make sure the files are in the apps folder on your SD card. Should already be stated in the readme!

Thank you so much for the quick reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch