Hacking Wii is the most annoying thing ever !

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wah wei, Sep 4, 2014.

1. wah wei
    OP

wah wei Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    So i have the homebrew channel and i've been stuck trying to hack this thing. My IOS58 V 25.32. not sure about my firmware because this shit doesnt even have a wii setting. i've tried to downgrade numerous of times but it keeps saying ES_addticket 1017 or something like that and i cant downgrade at all. What should i do? Can someone send me a video on how to hack the latest version or something?

2. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

GBAtemp Patron
    gudenau is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    There is no need to downgrade, with the hardware access flag that the HBC prpvides you do not need cioses.

3. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Maybe because you're a bit nooby at it

Can you access the Wii menu? Downgrading isn't hacking, you're gonna get your Wii bricked before even you even 'hack' it.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Provide a SysCheck and dispose of whatever tutorial you're using. Chances are that all you really need is ModMii and nothing else, there's no need to downgrade your Wii.

5. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    The hardest part is over, you already have the homebrew channel installed. Why exactly are you trying to downgrade. Playing pirated games works on the latest version of the system menu. If you don't know what you're doing then stay away from downgrading and installing custom themes, and don't be deleting stuff from your system. It's easy to brick your Wii if you do stupid stuff to it.

6. DeadPixelMan

DeadPixelMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    Whoa child put the Wii down and go back to your emulators before you hurt yourself or someone you love. The noob is strong in this one.

7. wah wei
    OP

wah wei Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    I've been trying to use the USB Loader but it keeps saying i need Cios 222 or something. i cant get it to work. any suggestions?

8. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    follow the fucking guides. if you cannot read go watch a youtube video.

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Disregard the suggestion above. What you need to do is installing cIOS d2x and cIOS Hermes, you can find the installers online. Put them on your SD card, launch them via the Homebrew Channel and follow on-screen instructions. Should this fail, download ModMii and generate a guide for your system. Do not downgrade the Wii unless you know what you're doing.

Yepi69 likes this.